• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 13, 2024, 07:37:21 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] The Homebrew Company

Started by The Homebrew Company, April 01, 2015, 10:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_

3711 will be popular as well. I don't think there is a close White Labs match.

BrewDorg

I reckon the below would all sell very well

1318 London Ale III
3711 French Saison
3763 Roselare Blend

molc

They seem to take off better in a starter than the White Labs products as well. The private collection look pretty interesting as well.

1272 American Ale II is one I use all the time.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Qs

Quote from: molc on July 27, 2017, 12:41:34 PM
They seem to take off better in a starter than the White Labs products as well. The private collection look pretty interesting as well.

Is that different to WLP051?

molc

Quote from: Qs on July 27, 2017, 01:37:15 PM

Technically the same, but I swear it reacts differently when I use it. There's a lot more sulphur off 051 for me and 1272 seems a bit fruitier. Only way to be sure would be to do a side by side.

kegging

Yeah wyeast would be better for certain styles

Qs

Quote from: molc on July 27, 2017, 02:18:30 PM
Quote from: Qs on July 27, 2017, 01:37:15 PM

Technically the same, but I swear it reacts differently when I use it. There's a lot more sulphur off 051 for me and 1272 seems a bit fruitier. Only way to be sure would be to do a side by side.

Interesting. I get that sulphur from 051 too. Be interested to try the wyeast version. I've heard their Kolsch yeasts differ too so I'd also try that.

SkiBeagle

1318 - great yeast - very nice for ales with body and a little sweetness.
2206 - for lagers/helles.
Edinburgh is nice for malty ales.
I hear 1469 Yorkshire is very good too but I've never tried it.
I really like the smackpack - you can see if the yeast is alive. Sometimes with WhiteLabs, it feels like russian roulette - will the fermentation start or won't it? I think with WL, you have to make a vitality starter just to be sure. With Wyeast, the smackpack tells you.

Recently tried White Labs WLP017 from you - I really like this yeast but it's from the vault which is a pain.
Also had a recommendation for WLP835 Bavarian, but again from the vault.
Probably no need to carry a huge range - a half dozen or so of the more popular would be a great start.

The Homebrew Company

Hi All,

Sorry, was away on Hols for past 3 weeks. Thanks for all the feedback on the Wyeast. Will try get them sorted/ ordered this week when I get everything up to date. Going back into White labs also this week, any last minute requests, might be tonight, so hurry.

Added a few new things to the site today including Oxygen Scavenging Crown Caps:

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/products_new.html

Cheers,

Shane

imark

Qs

molc

cruiscinlan

Quote from: The Homebrew Company on August 16, 2017, 05:56:31 PM
Hi All,

Sorry, was away on Hols for past 3 weeks. Thanks for all the feedback on the Wyeast. Will try get them sorted/ ordered this week when I get everything up to date. Going back into White labs also this week, any last minute requests, might be tonight, so hurry.

Added a few new things to the site today including Oxygen Scavenging Crown Caps:

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/products_new.html

Cheers,

Shane

There was an offer across grains there, is that finished? Could you put up 10kg listings of mild ale malt and golden promise?