• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 12:39:52 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New to Home Brewing and looking for some guidance

Started by Sheedy, September 12, 2018, 04:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheedy

Hi yas,

I am just looking for some guidance. I am a beer fan and love drinking beer but I have no real idea about Home Brewing but I am wanting to give it a go.

I have looked at starter kits. But can anyone recommend a good one to get started with (Pale Ale/IPA) also what else will I need to get the first batch going?

Thanks in advance.

DEMPSEY

welcome to the forum. Along with a brew kit you will need to clean and sterilize  everything.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Raxy

I would recommend the Craft Range Citra IPA. Drinking 1 now & its very nice. The craft range IPA I made tasted better but it took a long time to condition before it was drinkable. The citra was nice a couple of weeks after bottling.

Jonnycheech

The Homebrew Company are probably the best and most reliable homebrew shop to order from. You'll need something like this to start off, with a beer kit obviously:

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/brewferm-equipment-starter-kit-p-4029.html

Beer kits are a great way to start brewing, they're so easy. Once you've made one or two successful brews you'll be hooked....and eventually be ordering bits from China to make your own HERMS  :laugh:
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

pob

Will_D

Quote from: Sheedy on September 12, 2018, 04:09:45 PM
I am just looking for some guidance. I am a beer fan and love drinking beer but I have no real idea about Home Brewing but I am wanting to give it a go.

I have looked at starter kits. But can anyone recommend a good one to get started with (Pale Ale/IPA) also what else will I need to get the first batch going?

Hello and welcome.
If you are about to start buying kits and equipment, I would highly recommend becoming a full member for only €10. You then get a 5% discount from the our associate suppliers.

Also checkout the local club nearest you and try to get to a meet.
Then tag onto a member near you who will show you how is brewday works

We always welcome newcomers to our meetings. No need to bring beer.

Cheers

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing