• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 16, 2024, 06:24:51 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New Gal

Started by Cathy, December 08, 2020, 10:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathy

Hello! I'm Cathriona from Cork. Took brewing up during lockdown in March. I've studied microbiology and currently work in beverage manufacturing. Brewing is a good merger of both these so I said I'd give it a try. Enjoying it so far! Slowly going to try to work my way to brewing from scratch.  :)

TheSumOfAllBeers

Hi Cathy!
   You timed this well, drop a line over in Rebel Brewers- there's an online meeting this Friday, it's happening on the discord group

TheSumOfAllBeers

Here is the notice: https://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php?topic=19421.msg188586#msg188586

I would also check out Lee Valley Brewers, who used to meet up in the Franciscan Well (pre covid) and are hoping to resume activities.

One of the silver linings of this lockdown is how brewing communities grew and dealt with it. Regions that could not support a regular face to face meetup, now have very active ones, and small meetups are now much more active and larger now that distance and driving are not limiting factors. Bottle swaps are still happening and the move to online format is very good for presentation led meetings.

So in short - have a look at all the online meetups happening across the country (and in other countries - https://londonamateurbrewers.co.uk/2020/11/lab-online-meeting-december-2020/ London Amateur Brewers is a genuinely international meetup now), there are some great sessions going on.

Cathy

I certainly will! Thanks for the info :)

johnrm

Hi Cathy, welcome to the wonderful work of homebrewing.
Check out Discord, we set up an NHC Discord server a few weeks ago which you might find useful.
Rebel brewers are pretty active on WhatsApp.
Shoot a PM with mobile and I'll add you.
If your in East Cork there is an East Cork Rebels group