• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 15, 2024, 03:10:34 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewday at Tog Sunday 9th June

Started by Padraic, June 06, 2013, 11:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraic

I know it's last minute and I'm sorry for being disorganised!

Kick off as always at 10:00, see some of you there!

01. Padraic
02. Jules

Padraic

01. Padraic
02. Jules
03. Rossa (only for a wee)

irish_goat

01. Padraic
02. Jules
04. Thomas (until 3)

Brew_Diva

Count me in, my equipment and some ingredients coming today to I should be ready to brew Sunday.
Padraic is it still okay to borrow your mash tin and so on...?

I've ordered the "beer/ cider homebrew starter kit", link here:
http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/beer-cider-starter-kit-includes-33lt-fermenters-p-968.html
which seems to include a lot of stuff. Also got myself some Maris Otter Pale Malt 10kg, and some Crystal Malt 1kg so hopefully all that arrives in one piece- (Recipe: 4/ 5kg Pale Malt, 250g Crystal)

Oh I'll be needing some Hops: Rossa recommended 50g Cascade and also 50g of either Citra or Summit, if anyone has some of this lying around it would be deadly if I can alleviate you of it for my first brew, and hopefully will be able to return it at some point in the future.

Shiny's report was stunning; a bit morto/ scarlet re the Grainne "battle of the sexes"  :D and am left with no choice but to try my hand at brewing a clone of her ale at my earliest opportunity- seen as I enjoy drinking it where possible! Better get my first one out of the way first and see how that goes...

01. Padraic
02. Jules
04. Thomas (until 3)
05. Michelle

irish_goat

I can bring 50g of Citra anyway. Need to check on the cascade, it might all be up in Derry.

Dunkel

Quote from: Padraic on June 06, 2013, 11:30:03 PM
01. Padraic
02. Jules

Do you not have toilets at work?

beerfly

thats his "special ingredient"

01. Padraic
02. Jules
04. Thomas (until 3)
05. Michelle
06. Ronan

Padraic

Quote from: Brew_Diva on June 07, 2013, 11:00:04 AM
Padraic is it still okay to borrow your mash tin and so on...?
So what am I bringing for you? HLT, Mash Tun, Boiler, Chiller... Do you need anything else?

I'll have a dig for some Cascade as well.

Brew_Diva

Padraic due to still being very green, I'm not actually 100% on what a person does need exactly for the process, but I will in time, (hopeful)
As far as I can tell the beer cider started kit has almost everything you'd need apart from boiler "mash tun", chiller HLT
Let me know if there's something missing list there that you would think I'm gonna want on the day:

33 Litre Fermentation Vessel Takes airlock (Full Colour-Graduated)
33 Litre Fermentation Vessel
Bottle Filling Stick
Thermometer Spirit 12"
Bubbler, Plastic with Red Cap
Bung Bored
Hydrometer plus sampling tube
Bottle Brush
Syphon
Beer Paddle/ Spoon Plastic 16"(Y)
Twin Lever Capper
Crown Caps (100)
1 Tub of Steriliser

Bit of Cascade be great, I'd appreciate that as I didn't order any hops yet. All the other stuff has come anyway. Looking forward to brewing!

Oh that reminds me are you still okay to  loan a few of the flip tops Thomas??

Michelle

Dunkel

01. Padraic
02. Jules
04. Thomas (until 3)
05. Michelle
06. Ronan
07. Kevin
08. Rob

Padraic

Does anyone else want to brew at tog tomorrow? Only one brew planned for tomorrow at the moment!

Partridge9

I am going to try and make it in (between 10am and 11am)  might have a little helper with me !

Also will have business cards and membership cards.

Partridge9

sorry I couldnt stay longer - that was my extended trip to lidl ! TOG was on the way - but I may have had the sat-nav upside down !

I hope those beers tasted ok & Hope the brew went well -

James

DEMPSEY

Quote from: Partridge9 on June 09, 2013, 02:06:00 PM
sorry I couldnt stay longer - that was my extended trip to lidl ! TOG was on the way - but I may have had the sat-nav upside down !

James
I luv it James,you said you were going to Lidl's but you did not say which Lidl. ;)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Padraic

Quote from: Partridge9 on June 09, 2013, 02:06:00 PM

James

Thanks James, everyone liked the beers and the brewday went well! Michelle managed very well under the pressure of her first brew!

I have to say it was a nice relaxed first brewday!

The other good news to come from the day is that we will most likely get to store the Barrel in TOG!