• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 08:43:29 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Grainfather Overflow Inlet

Started by mick02, August 22, 2020, 12:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mick02

Afternoon folks.

I have lost the overflow inlet for my grainfather and, instead of replacing it I am considering redesigning it and printing it on my 3D printer.

The only problem I have is that I can't find the dimensions of this pipe anywhere. If anyone out there has a calipers and the will I would appreciate it if you could post the dimensions here.

If this works out I'll even print a spare part and send it to you!

If anyone is in doubt, this is the pipe I'm talking about ... https://leagueofbrewers.co.nz/grainfather-overflow-inlet.html
NHC Committee member

CH

Pretty much all plastics that are 3 d printable won't be suitable for food contact unless you use "Ultem" even that's got BPA in it, have metal one machined somewhere?
Replacements aren't expensive I've 2

mick02

Quote from: CH on August 22, 2020, 01:27:41 PMPretty much all plastics that are 3 d printable won't be suitable for food contact unless you use "Ultem" even that's got BPA in it, have metal one machined somewhere?
Replacements aren't expensive I've 2
It's not the cost that I'm worried about. I got a new 3d printer and am looking for some projects. I was also worried about the filament not being suitable but I checked the online and this is what I found ...

"Pro PLA+ from eSUN prints better than original eSUN PLA on the same settings, is up to 10 times stronger, has much higher inter layer bonding strength and is 100% FDA approved Food Safe."

Melting point is up around the 190C so I think it should be OK?

NHC Committee member