• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 10:22:39 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello from Kerry

Started by Kerrybrewer, July 03, 2013, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrybrewer

Been kit brewing for about a year, bottling so far but hoping to start kegging soon if I can get the equipment at a reasonable price! I started brewing because, like most of you I'm sure, I like beer with a bit of flavour and found that ales and bitters etc are a little on the expensive side in the offies!!

Cahalbrua

Weclome on board kerrybrewer where are you in kerry
C.

Rossa

Welcome. Anyone else that down homebrewing? Could there be a local club in the offing?

LordEoin

Welcome Kerrybrewer. What part of kerry are you in?

AdeFlesk

Hi there
Killarney based brewer here, always looking to hear from some one local

LordEoin

I'm about as local to Killarney as Cork. Slap bang between the two in Kanturk.

Kerrybrewer

I'm on the Killarney side of Killorglin

AdeFlesk

Unfortunatly I have a broken leg at the moment but when its fully repaired we all must meet up for a drink some time,  I am the other side of killarney Glenflesk to be precise but Killorglin is where I work

Kerrybrewer

No problem, one of the guys at work is also a brewer  8)

AdeFlesk

Lucky you  , I tend to bore people with my brewing explotes, they do get to sample bottles, although a few have them stored in their fridges and are scared to try!,
What line of work are you in. I work in the pharmaceutical industry in Killorglin

Kerrybrewer

I'm a turner (lathe) in Liebherr

AdeFlesk

Ah I pass that place on my way to work,  some expansion going on there.   Just realised you and your workmate are prob  constructing a tower of power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oawyg02gutY

Mastiff

looks like a good system, I am going to use  2.4kw electric elements with digital thermostats for the system. this will be my tower of power. will take a while to get every thing together.

johnrm

All that stainless and a wooden paddle!

LordEoin

Quote from: Kerrybrewer on July 11, 2013, 12:24:19 PM
I'm a turner (lathe) in Liebherr
I'm a turner too, but only on the weekends