• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:56:45 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewtools b40 b80 b150 pro

Started by mike2015, January 15, 2020, 01:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike2015

Does anybody know if I have to pay any tax and duty in Ireland if I buy a brewing system from Norway? www.brewtools.no

Raxy

You would need to pay vat on the price + shipping.
Malt Miller have them on their website. Might work out a bit cheaper. Don't know how much delivery to Ireland is from either though.

DEMPSEY

Norway is an EU country so I think that if you pay their VAT rate you don't pay here. Not sure what rate they are on but back when we brought corneys in Germany we paid their VAT rate @19% instead of our rate @23%.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Water_Wolf

Norway isn't in the EU but usually trades under EU rules. You have to pay VAT in your home country so it would be 23%. Their website may handle this already like Amazon does, but you could just ask them.

DEMPSEY

Quote from: Water_Wolf on January 17, 2020, 04:48:42 PM
Norway isn't in the EU but usually trades under EU rules. You have to pay VAT in your home country so it would be 23%. Their website may handle this already like Amazon does, but you could just ask them.
Thanks for the correction Re Norway. With all the shite talk about Brexit I forgot :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

mike2015

Thanks for the info. I think the best thing is to ask them sure they'll know.

jonmuni

Hi Mike,

I ordered a B80Pro last week and its being delivered in the next few days. I can relay my experience by the end of the week and what duty & VAT had to be paid.

Cheers,
Jon

mike2015

hi jon how did you get on with your brewtools? did you had to pay any vat and taxes over in ireland?

greystashlawless

Hey folks, can anyone who purchased a Brewtools device comment on the import charges/taxes?

mike2015

I bought brewtools b80 2 years ago very happy with it I got it from themaltmiller.uk I paid like 20% vat at the end, expensive bit of kit but it worth it.

greystashlawless

Thanks for the feedback mike.

Did you buy any of the accessories?

Any regrets or frustrations with the gear?

mike2015

I got the starter pack 3valve set up with it as well as the steam hat and the condenser, I would recommend getting the laser filter will save you a lot of time at sparging, it a great build very solid easy to change parts..yea..no regrets at all I had a problem with the display module and I got in contact with brewtools they sent me a new one straight away, theyr customer service it's great.

greystashlawless