• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 12, 2024, 11:06:56 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

30cm SS false bottom for cooler

Started by imark, May 28, 2013, 08:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imark

I'm going to bring this to Liffey Brewers meet in July. If I'm going down you're all coming with me.

brenmurph

u dont get cancer from a rubber o-ring in your beer...nor do u get cancer from using a fermenter thats not food grade.

Most cancers related to smoking are after about 20 or 30 years of smoking ( half a million cigs) so you may have to make a half million batches of beer with them non food safe o-rings to get cancer  ;)

eat real food, exercise regularly and moderatly and keep stress minimised and a rubber o- ring or a half million of them will be no problem.

There are problems with some plastics and rubbers and other items and its not recomended to consume them. Theres also  major risk from trans fats and we all ( except me) consume them in significant amounts and the government does feck all about it. Id be more worried about the trans fats in the junk food and the shit sprayed onto cheap food and processed food and the toxins in todays animal produce from the supermarket..

So stop worryin about an o-ring ;D

Ciderhead

Quote from: Covey on June 05, 2013, 11:04:20 PM
Most are relatively inert after a good rinse i reckon.

If they are EPDM washers, they are cured with sulphur peroxide, this over time maintains the flexibility of the washer, but migrates to the surface. This is exacerbated with boiling and in extreme circumstances may even tint the flavour.
I think you have a point in that we have become a little paranoid about what we are brewing with.   
We want the beer to kill us not the products we use to make it.
Spend the few extra bob on the food approved washer.

Covey

ok so replace when you get a chance but dont let it stop you brewing and in the mean time RSBAHAHB
i wam wee todd did i am sofa king wee todd did

Ciderhead

Shanna

Hi iMark,

Any chance you could put up a few snaps of the false bottom please? Also would you confirm what is the outer diameter size the of the right angled bend that comes out of the bottom of the false bottom is please?

Thanks,

Shanna

Quote from: imark on May 30, 2013, 06:22:58 PM
No problem. I'll try and capture it in a few snaps.
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

imark

Hi Shanna,

The right angle piece has a 3/8" or 10mm barbed fitting I think. I've it attached to some 8mm ID silicone tube so can't verify but it's a snug fit. The bottom has a 1/2" thread and comes with two nuts as in the pictures.