• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:15:39 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Entries for the National Brewing Championships 2016

Started by Keg, February 02, 2016, 01:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keg

Hi Guys,

Just checking to see if any of the Limerick/Tipp based brewers have entered the Nationals and if you've dropped off your entries yet??

Keith

Chris

First year without an entry, have nothing worth sending in. Need to brew more
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

Leann ull

Ya feckers all had some amazing beers at your meet as well

tipp brewer

Didn't get entry in in time, the 400 entries were already in unfortunately. Will have to keep an eye out for more comps.

Leann ull

Next year there will be a cap on numbers allowed by entrant so no excuses as you lads deffo have the standard

Keg

I'll be ready for next year, plenty of 'work' to do between now and then :)

Marek2200

Hi guys,

do you recommend to me any website where I can check all the beer events around the country? "Beoir"? "NationalHomebrew..."?

johnrm

Watch the calendar.
There's a sticky st the head of the competition forum.

beernut

I entered my coconut stout (very much last minute...thanks to CH for collecting the bottles) and it looks like I've won!  Category 16 Gold medal!

Leann ull

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php/topic,14644.msg138458.html#msg138458
I wasn't massaging your egos, there were some amazing beers and this was one of them pity there weren't a few more!
Well done.

johnrm

Congrats beernut, Limerick is really on the map for homebrewing now!

Keg

Quote from: beernut on February 21, 2016, 08:59:24 PM
I entered my coconut stout (very much last minute...thanks to CH for collecting the bottles) and it looks like I've won!  Category 16 Gold medal!
Congrats!  It was a lovely stout

beernut

Thanks lads! 

What's the story now?   Do gold medal winners usually rock up to the second leg on the off chance of winning best beer?   
Could use an excuse for a trip to Dublin!