• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 05:39:45 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Apple and Elderflower Cider.

Started by Greg2013, July 23, 2013, 05:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

This is my apple and elderflower cider which i just bottled, a couple of things about this could cause some issues. When working out the amount of dextrose and lactose for bulk priming i worked off a final bottle figure of 14 litres. As can be seen from the picture i only got 12 litres, i was working off the original volume and not the volume after secondary and ended up using 150 grams dextrose for priming and 150 grams lactose for back sweetening DOH!

The second oopsie is when i went to take the final gravity, have a look below and see what i mean; OG 1110

FG 1000

ABV 14.6% OOPSIE.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)