• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 02:26:52 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Club Rep

Started by Partridge9, August 18, 2014, 10:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partridge9

Lads

Great to hear a few of limerick / north kerry brewery knocking around -

Who should someone contact if someone was interested in joining / meeting up with the limerick brewers ??

Do you have someone who is a main contact ??

Thanks

James

Bzfeale80

I have tried a couple of times to get a meeting going in Limerick over the past 9 months but it has not happened yet. I don't know if there is any club rep for this area at present. The last meeting was at BrettDundee in Birdhill in October/November last year

DEMPSEY

Ideally if ye can find a friendly pub to host in that is easily accessible by bus for all then your half way. A call out on local media that a brew day is on and invite people to attend would help things along metinks :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Bzfeale80

Even though I live in County Cork, geographically Limerick City is closer to where I live than Cork City. However since I shall be moving to Cork City soon I won't be organizing anything in Limerick for the immediate future. If someone living in or near to Limerick organizes something I would try and get to it if I can. Some folks here have met at Blind Pig last year prior to when I joined NHC forum.

brettdundee

We are certainly due for a meetup. As for Club rep, we haven't found anyone with time to do the job justice, but you can contact Chris or myself until we fill the position.  We should organize that pub brew day alright.

My hops are coming along nicely, even more than last year because the outside ones around the chicken pen have flourished this year.  I better get cracking brewing if anyone's interested in the hops harvest day again. Optimal time for the hops looks to be mid September - about two weeks away. I'm currently recovering from emptying two kegs of EPA "Electric picnic Ale" on the weekend, but still have a full keg of Gnarley Nettle Ale (with extra hops).

Partridge9

Thanks brett !

Great stuff - I get there the feeling there is quite a lot of brewers around the limerick area and we just need to get the ball rolling. Hopefully we recruit a few more at the RDS this weekend.

James

Shanna

Quote from: Partridge9 on September 03, 2014, 03:03:28 PM
Thanks brett !

Great stuff - I get there the feeling there is quite a lot of brewers around the limerick area and we just need to get the ball rolling. Hopefully we recruit a few more at the RDS this weekend.

James
I met two lads at the RDS yesterday and passed on their details to allow them hook up as they were both keen to meet other brewers based in the area. I reckon if you get somebody from the LIT or UL students union you might be able to get more people involved. Going to try make Bretts hop gig this year.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

cronin_j

New to the Forum. Found the Limerick section straight away!

johnrm

Good man cronin_j, welcome on board!
There is a small but growing community in Limerick.

marzen scorsese

any news on a limerick meetup? im in newcastle west and after giving the brewing a small break im getting back into it in a big way. just got a burner and some kegs and im nearly set up for all grain the way id like. just need some pumps now and some small things like false bottom, sight glass but as is i can bang one out just not the system id like yet (this will probably never end lol, unless im in my own brewery with the finest fandangos and all the bells and whistles) love to meet some guys with an interest cos theres nobody round here that i know.

johnrm

The most likely spot will probably be the City which is a pain for anyone travelling a distance as no drinkies.
I would say to pick a rough date, venue and time, look for a show of hands.

There is no-one in charge in the Limerick area AFAIK, so maybe try and kick-start it yourself.
Some of the lads are not on here much, don't be afraid to PM them to wake them up.

marzen scorsese

cheers john might try get something going for before christmas that will give us plenty time to agree in advance and me plenty time to arrange some accomadation so i can have a few beers  ;)

johnrm

I live in Midleton, Rebel meets are in Cork city. My trick for meet ups is to book into a hostel, about E20, park up for the night and drive home in the morning.

Partridge9

If you give us enough notice - you might get some of the Dubs down for the night as well  ;)  ;)

Shanna

Quote from: Partridge9 on October 28, 2014, 07:50:12 PM
If you give us enough notice - you might get some of the Dubs down for the night as well  ;)  ;)
Will be in Limerick over the XMas period at some point & would love to meet some fellow brewers at some point.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member