• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:47:07 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

An ale that most would like??

Started by Motorbikeman, June 06, 2014, 09:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

A trick I learnt in the B&C was, don't use the word "ale". People associate ale with beer they had years ago that was either too heavy, too dark or too bitter. As soon as you say "pale ale" they automatically decide that they don't like it. Just call it a "pale" and they have no preconceived notions about it so they taste it with a much more open mind. Ignorance is bliss.  ;)

TheSumOfAllBeers

That Centennial blonde is a keeper. And Belgian Wit is a great crowdpleasing style for the hot summer. Saisons too - the tartness/spicyness works great on hot days and is very refreshing. You dont have to be too complicated with them either.

But I would be wary of pandering to the lowest common denominator. Don't go out of your way trying to make something anaemic, just so people will try it. Make your own beer, and make it good.

cronan

QuoteI make this beer any time I have a family gathering and it goes down a storm http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/centennial-blonde-simple-4-all-grain-5-10-gall-42841/

I have 27Litres of this in the fermenter a week now, samples have tasted good so far. Will know more in a couple of weeks.
I put slightly more hops in than the recipe.
It should be a good beer for a session.