• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 11:55:12 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

First Kerry meet

Started by davebhoy1975, September 04, 2016, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDanny84

Spot on Dave. The Celtic Whiskey Experience is a serious place and they were super cool to host us and couldn't have been nicer.

paultlynch91

They won some whiskey visitor place award last night

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

lop_ire01

Great to have a kerry homebrew meet-up. I brew when I can (when the kids allow!), based in Lixnaw. When is the next meet-up planned for? Matt

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

davebhoy1975

what about Thursday the 18th or Thursday the 24th?

Does any one have any preferences?
I'd rather do it sooner than later :)

Banna Stout

Hi all, congrats on your success with the Kerry branch of the club. I am hoping to get up and running soon, so far I am getting equipment ready and will welcome advice from all. I enjoy all the publications by members
Joe

johnrm

Welcome to the NHC Banna
The local meet is a great place to learn more and share ideas/beer.

paultlynch91

Again if ye want to call to brewery and be looked after that's not a problem. Ye would get sick of the place alright so it's good to try new places. Courtney's would be another good place in killarney anyways. Brian the manager inside there is a good guy to talk about beer

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Drum

Quote from: lop_ire01 on October 28, 2016, 02:52:15 PM
Great to have a kerry homebrew meet-up. I brew when I can (when the kids allow!), based in Lixnaw. When is the next meet-up planned for? Matt

Welcome aboard Matt. I'm from Kiltomey myself but living in cork.   Any sign of decent beer in the pubs in Lixnaw yet? The last time I was in Quilters I asked Paddy if he had anything like a pale ale? The response was ''aaah, we have Harp, Guinness and cold Harp.''

BigDanny84

Quote from: davebhoy1975 on November 01, 2016, 11:52:39 AM
what about Thursday the 18th or Thursday the 24th?

Does any one have any preferences?
I'd rather do it sooner than later :)

I'm up for a meet but I won't have anything to share until closer to mid December, plan on having two brews done in the next week. But I guess we could meet for a chat anyway.

Gugs is in London but I'll say it to him when he is back and see if he is up for it too.

Would be great if Matt and Banna could make it too.

davebhoy1975

Hi Matt & Banna,
You're more than welcome any time, and Paul thanks for the offer. I'd say we'll probably take you up on that, if it's still ok.
Where better to have a home-brew meet than in an actual working brewery. It's you that might get sick of us and not the other way round. How's the plans going for the comp?

I have my christmas beer in the fermentor at the mo. Just added my first dry hops along with a small amount of cardamon, cinnamon, start anise and orange peel. I boiled the blackberries just before flame out. It smells the bomb. I'll probably transfer it to a secondary fermentor while doing a second hop addition. I wanna add some soft dark sugar as well. Does any one have any advice on when to add? or should i prime with it instead?

My last batch(s) are bottled and ready to drink so I can bring along a couple of samples. They are both identical apart from one has a small amount of cinnamon added. I wanted to gauge how much was needed for my xmas brew.
I refilled the bottles that you and guggs gave me at the last meet danny so I'll return them to you full :)

Banna what equipment (starter kit) are you looking at getting?

Does Thursday the 24th suit everybody?

Cheers
Dave

Gugs44

I am the same as BigDanny with nothing in the fermenter as we speak although I plan on doing a double brew day on friday or at the latest 2 before the week is out, mid December would prob suit me better also

lop_ire01

Dave, 24th is good for me. Looking forward to it.

paultlynch91

Quote from: davebhoy1975 on November 06, 2016, 09:37:29 PM
Hi Matt & Banna,
You're more than welcome any time, and Paul thanks for the offer. I'd say we'll probably take you up on that, if it's still ok.
Where better to have a home-brew meet than in an actual working brewery. It's you that might get sick of us and not the other way round. How's the plans going for the comp?

I have my christmas beer in the fermentor at the mo. Just added my first dry hops along with a small amount of cardamon, cinnamon, start anise and orange peel. I boiled the blackberries just before flame out. It smells the bomb. I'll probably transfer it to a secondary fermentor while doing a second hop addition. I wanna add some soft dark sugar as well. Does any one have any advice on when to add? or should i prime with it instead?

My last batch(s) are bottled and ready to drink so I can bring along a couple of samples. They are both identical apart from one has a small amount of cinnamon added. I wanted to gauge how much was needed for my xmas brew.
I refilled the bottles that you and guggs gave me at the last meet danny so I'll return them to you full :)

Banna what equipment (starter kit) are you looking at getting?

Does Thursday the 24th suit everybody?

Cheers
Dave
The brewery is free the 24th if ye want to call in. Haven't really progressed with planning much, I was in contact with John from torc brewing and he said he would be interest in getting involved. The next meeting I plan on setting a date and plan in concrete with ye

davebhoy1975

Ok lads. Looks like 24th in the killarney brewing company.

BigDanny84

I'll be there. Will bring that book for you Dave