• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 08:05:04 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

What have we got planned for 2015?

Started by danger_zone, December 09, 2014, 11:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danger_zone

Any interesting brews lined up lads?or any plans for the club?

i'm planning on doing some sort of IPA next to use up the last of my hops then i might try my hand at doing a BIAB brew.

We also still need to agree on a date to do a tour of Brehon Brewery, or maybe we did and I was too drunk to remember
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

itsclinto

Nah you weren't too drunk  ;) I don't think we had a set date as it didn't suit everybody.

I don't have anything planned, still in getting it right phase.  I'll hopefully take the plunge and move to all grain next year and learn from you guys.

I noticed this on the for sale section http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,8067.0.html You get to create an extract and all grain recipe that HomeBrewWest will give a discount for.  Might be good to create one for the club.   ;D

danger_zone

good idea.we'll get cronan on that he makes the nicest beer out of the lot of us

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

December 15, 2014, 07:42:40 PM #3 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:42:16 PM by helmet
I've a Witbier bottled and ready for the next meeting, there's a double IPA waiting to be bottled at the weekend.
Tonight I put together a cyser (thanks for the yeast Niall!)

Finally, I found a use for that blonde beer I had last time. I was listening to the beer fella on Newstalk last Friday and he was on about mulling beer for christmas......fairly tasty!
http://www.newstalk.com/Christmas-Beer

itsclinto

Quote from: helmet on December 15, 2014, 07:42:40 PM

Sounds nice.  Had to look it cyser up as i never heard of it before  :-[

Sorry i didn't get talking to you properly, i didn't even know we were going out until i got home (hense the jacket still on).

danger_zone

mulled beer sounds intriguing. i might give it a try

oh whenever you've time niall will u type up that recipe brian gave you for the baileys liqueur

drinking - whiskey stout

itsclinto

Quote from: danger_zone on December 16, 2014, 02:45:29 PM
oh whenever you've time niall will u type up that recipe brian gave you for the baileys liqueur

I didn't actually take it with me, Brian should still have it.  I'll have to make it as christmas desert!

helmet

Quote from: itsclinto on December 16, 2014, 09:26:11 AM
Quote from: helmet on December 15, 2014, 07:42:40 PM

Sounds nice.  Had to look it cyser up as i never heard of it before  :-[

Sorry i didn't get talking to you properly, i didn't even know we were going out until i got home (hense the jacket still on).

Yeah it was a new one on me. I more or less used this recipe with a few wee changes.
http://www.russwhaley.com/home-cooking-apple-pie-cyser/

barney

Baileys from last Friday

300 ml fresh cream
400ml condensed milk
300ml jamson whiskey
2 tea spoons of vanilla extrast
2 desert spoons of chocolate syrup
1 tea spoon of coffee ( I put 2 as I like coffee but it was too much)
2 desert spoon sugar
Blend for 40 sec all ingredients in food processors
Chill for two hours and enjoy

Regards
Brian

Ps great meeting last Friday

danger_zone

ah brilliant brian cheers

p.s. i found a recipe in a book of clone recipes i have of Double Diamond. isn't that the one you said you tried to make one time

drinking - whiskey stout

Bubbles

Quote from: barney on December 18, 2014, 11:19:53 PM
Baileys from last Friday

300 ml fresh cream
400ml condensed milk
300ml jamson whiskey
2 tea spoons of vanilla extrast
2 desert spoons of chocolate syrup
1 tea spoon of coffee ( I put 2 as I like coffee but it was too much)
2 desert spoon sugar
Blend for 40 sec all ingredients in food processors
Chill for two hours and enjoy

Regards
Brian

Ps great meeting last Friday

Wow, I've never seen a recipe for homemade Baileys before! But then, I never looked for one..

Is it any good? Superior to the real thing?

barney

Hi bubbles

I made 1 ltr last Friday as my dog wrecked the airlock I had on some coconut stout and had nothing else new to show.
I took 400 Ml to meeting and left 600 in fridge it, was drank by my sister in law before I got home
I am not too pushed on Baileys but I made another batch on Wednesday and gave it to my Dad on Thursday I called up to him to night and the bottle was gone and he asked me for some for Xmas
So as I reply to you I am sampling today's batch and have ran out of chocolate syrup.
So to some up if you like cream and whiskey chocolate it's great stuff!

Regards
Barney

helmet

Fair play Brian, could be the hit of the season!

barney

Hi danger zones

Did you get the mail I sent you about kit?
Where did you see the reciept for the unicorn clone is it a Dave line book or beer smith??
It is a great beer but difficult to remake as there is noting to compare it to.

Regards
Barney

danger_zone

i'm just after seeing it there.great deal,a lot of kit but herself was giving out to me earlier about the gear i already have

it could actually be a different beer with the same name,the one in my book says its made by Carlsberg-Tetley in Leeds.the books called Clonebrews: Recipes for 200 Brand-Name Beers by Mark Szamatulski
there's even a Harp Lager clone in it which is beyond me why somebody would want to clone Harp

drinking - whiskey stout