• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 03, 2024, 01:43:06 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Garden County American Ale Comp

Started by helmet, April 12, 2015, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helmet

Righto lads, consider me your friendly neighbourhood bottle collector for this competition.
You've to register by May 8th.

Anybody reckon they'll be entering anything?

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=9298.msg115064.msg#115064

cronan

Will probably enter either the citra or amarillo pale ale that i brought Friday night, not sure which.  I am also thinking of brewing an american amber.
Are you thinking of entering yourself?

helmet

Yeah, liked both of them, but the citra was my favourite. I'll stick in a pale I have here and thinking of maybe doing an amber next week if I get the time. I'll send you my address or I might be up in Dundalk at some stage over the next few weeks.

cronan

helmet

I go it an email from them just saying that they'll be collected in early May. Registration closes on the 8th, so assume after that.

itsclinto

Quote from: helmet on April 12, 2015, 02:57:49 PM
Righto lads, consider me your friendly neighbourhood bottle collector for this competition.

If you can't drop the bottles up to Dublin, give me a shout and i'll fly up.  I'll tell the wife i'm going for a quick spin  :P

danger_zone

i'm planning on entering 2 beers,my brown ale(even though the hops are pretty non existant already) and an amarillo smash that i still havent gotten round to brewing yet
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

Grand job, sure let me know when you're ready and we can organise getting them to Wicklow.

danger_zone

what about if we collect them all at the may meeting (8th)

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

helmet

Just an idea like, but I know I'm going to be pretty tapped out beerwise after Vantastival and I know a few of yis are going to Brewcon on the 9th. Do yis fancy giving the meeting on the 8th a miss and coming back strong in June?
If so, I can collect entries for the Garden County comp this Sunday.

danger_zone

drinking - whiskey stout

danger_zone

sooooooo, whats happening? Are we taking the competition entries up with us tomorrow?

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

Sure if you have them I'll take them off you tomorrow. Did you register?

danger_zone

aye, registered a while back and printed out the labels today

drinking - whiskey stout