• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:44:08 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Vantastival

Started by helmet, April 12, 2015, 09:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helmet

Right, this is a bit of a mad one.
I had a moment of madness yesterday and emailed the lads who put on Vantastival about having a brew day there during the festival, here's what I got back.

Hi Dan,

We are definitely open to that idea. Can you fill in the attached form and let me know what day you'd like to come, do you have a marquee etc?

What do yis reckon, is it doable? We can get electricity there, but would probably have to bring water along with us.

cronan

Sounds like a good idea.
Not hard to bring some buckets of water.

itsclinto

Fair play Dan.  Sounds an interesting brew day. 

I had a look at their website and it says no bottles or cans allowed.  How would that work if we were to bring our own and maybe hand out samples (as i'm sure most of us have bottles)?

Just another thought.  Since it is a big enough event, it might also be a good idea to maybe get a homebrew shop on board.  For example, they supply a kit, mash kit and extract kit for the day and we have their posters around the stand or even invite one of the lads along to talk to people aswell.

There really is alot that can be done here!

johnrm

Consider doing a small batch on gas, getting a big electric rig up and running could prove challenging.
Best of luck with it, sounds fun!

helmet

This could be a runner all right. Can anyone get their hands on a marquee or gazebo or plain old big tent?
Does anyone have a gas burner?
Could we get a banner/cards or something from HBC HQ?
I've emailed the Homebrew company to see if they'd be on for a bit of shameless self promotion!

johnrm

Chilling wort will be fun.
If its a small volume (<10l), filling a bucket/trug with cold water once or twice should be enough. Dip your pot in repeatedly to cool it.

helmet

I'll mail them back and see about access to a tap

Blueshed

defo a few water taps on site, 2 or 3 where the campervans park up plus another 1 near the first aid tent and another near the Valhalla stage.

this year the courtyard area will be in use and should be a few taps there.

helmet

Nice one Blueshed, a man in the know!

Blueshed

Great little festival, nice set up and BYOB is always good. last few years also a little bar with a red ale on cask last year.

danger_zone

great idea dan. let us know how we can help
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

They want to know how many passes we'll need, who's on for this?

danger_zone

which day are you looking to do it on?

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

Probably the Sat if that suits everyone, but open to suggestions.

danger_zone

I'll have to check with the boss first.lol.(i already have 2 whole weekends in May dedicated to beer related things) but i'm sure I can arrange it

drinking - whiskey stout