• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 07:00:12 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Vantastival

Started by helmet, April 12, 2015, 09:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helmet

Shane at THC got back to me. He'll throw a couple of kits in with the next order anyone from the club makes. Anyone in the market for a few bits?

cronan

I am up for this, only down the road from me.
Saturday would suit me.
I can supply big tables for brewing on also Cormac has a big van which might come in handy.
What are we thinking a kit and all grain, what to brew?
If there is a problem with bottles for sampling, i might be able to spare a keg.

helmet

Right, here's the latest. I was talking to one of the organisers there and he's going to sort us with 2 or 3 passes for the Sunday. If anyone else wants to come along he'll leave their names at the gate they just have to stick a tenner in the donations box on their way in.

He's going to set us up in the bar tent, so we've a bit of shelter now. We'll have electricity and there'll be a tap in the bar as well.
The bar's being run by Vanguard beers so there should be a few tasty options on the go.

The Homebrew company will set us up with kits. If anyone is thinking of ordering anything from them in the next week or two will you let me know and we can organise getting the kits sent out with their order.

We'll have to bring our own tables, banners, brew gear and the like, but other than that they're looking after us.

Do we need to know anything else?

itsclinto

Quote from: helmet on April 14, 2015, 03:12:20 PM
Right, here's the latest. I was talking to one of the organisers there and he's going to sort us with 2 or 3 passes for the Sunday.

Just a quick question, are we on for the Saturday only and Sunday is an offer of tickets?  I think i confused myself  :-[

You certainly earned a pint at this for the effort that you put in.

I was thinking that i've a 30 meter (wind up) hose that i could bring along with the screw connection and the house tap adapter - just in case we're stuck.  I can also bring a few bottles of wine (red and white) for sampling so it isn't all beer.  I'm sure we'll know closer the time but we can organise a list of what we need for the brewing itself so we don't realise we don't have a wort chiller, extension leads, etc.  I'll offer all of mine if required (its electrical).

I might be ordering in the next week.  The minch malt is tempting, so i'll let you know before i do so.  It might be nice if the Homebrew Company have a few flyers also since he's donating the kits.

Would it be nice to have a logo/flyer for our club regarding details, contacts, etc?  It'd go well with the HBC banners.

Lastly, who's bringing the bbq?  Or would it be too much hassle?  :-\

helmet

He reckons Sunday is the best day for us.

barney

Hi Dan

Well done landing vantastIVal great idea
Count me in I will help out

itsclinto

I don't think i mentioned it but count me in too

Herculainn

Fuckin' A!
I've no expertise to lend to the brew but if you need another pair of hands..
blah blah blah yackity smackity

danger_zone

it'll be great exposure for the club and the NHC too. We could be doing with having our own logo. wasn't one of the new Louth guys a graphic designer? Probably too short notice at this stage to get a design made up and printed out

Fair play to the HBC for sponsering some kits. Out of curiosity, what kits are we doing?
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

Acott

Hey lads, I'm the graphic designer, when is this on? might be able to knock something out!

helmet

Quote from: Acott on April 15, 2015, 04:26:36 PM
Hey lads, I'm the graphic designer, when is this on? might be able to knock something out!
Brilliant stuff! It's on over the May bank holiday weekend, does that give you enough time?

Clinto is putting in an order with THC tonight. So, we need to decide a few things. Do we do 2 brews? One LME kit and one AG? What kits do we ask for? I don't think we haven't stick to stout/ale for this, you'd think we might be able to spring an IPA or something on a festival crowd?
Also what can people bring on the day for sampling? I'll have an APA, a black IPA and maybe an amber ale.

Get back as soon as you can about what kits to order, cos Clinto's ordering tonight.

helmet

Also, do we get a precrushed mash kit or should we mill on site?

itsclinto

I don't think the kits really matter as they'll be drank by somebody after the brew day. It'd be more important to have tasty stuff to sample. If the HBC could maybe give us the cheapest all grain, extract and kit.  I'll also ask for some flyers if the hbc have them. I think if we crush them beforehand but maybe bring a mill to the event for ease.

I've an ipa ready in time with a few bottles of wine (red and white).

If anybody needs anything for themselves, shout and I'll throw it in the order for you

cronan

It doesn't really matter what we brew as its not like they will be drinking it.
I would pick something that you want to drink.
For all grain are we getting a mash kit or do we make our own recipe.
Did you ask them about us bringing samples are they ok with that?

helmet

Samples are fine as long as we guard the bottles with our lives, they've a no glass on site policy.
TBC said they'll send us mash kits, probably handy to show beginners that you can get them anyway.
So, will we go with whoever wants to bring along a fermenter on the day gets to pick the kit? I don't fancy trucking one back to Drogheda! Will we do 2, or maybe just have the LME kit at the stand to show how easy it is to start out?