• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:25:12 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Vantastival

Started by helmet, April 12, 2015, 09:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helmet

Oh yeah, I've been on to Rossa and Partridge about getting some NHC propaganda to fire out on the day too.

Acott

What size would you want the banner lads? I've got a good printer who can do PVC banners so they will last out in all sorts of weather, 6.5ft wide by 3ft high with 14 eyelets, delivered by Friday week roughly €30

Will_D

Quote from: helmet on April 15, 2015, 06:57:16 PM
Samples are fine as long as we guard the bottles with our lives, they've a no glass on site policy.
Use Cornies?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Acott

I had some time to put together a logo.

I wasn't sure if you wanted to use Wee County or Louth, and also the EST. Date escapes me.

I'm not 100% sure of the font for Wee County, this can be changed. The St.Brigids representing our link to Louth, can be changed also.

Let me know what you think lads....be brutal!

itsclinto

Quote from: Acott on April 16, 2015, 09:55:00 AM
I had some time to put together a logo.

It looks really good.  It has everything, hops, grain etc.  I like it.  The correct year would have been last year, newly formed and all.

I'm sure that this would look really good on the banner you mentioned.  It'd be something we'd always have.  What does everybody else think?

danger_zone

hmm size-wise i'd have no idea what size we'd need. I think its a great design. i'd leave out the st. Brigids cross.
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

Herculainn

Nice work!

Maybe try a cuchulainn figure instead of the cross?
Louth land of legent type thing.

"wee" does look a bit odd with the font; no suggestions right now though..
blah blah blah yackity smackity

helmet

That looks great! I'd be on for switching the cross out too. I'm all for hangovers, not catholic hangovers.
If Acott goes ahead with this we could.do a whip around to cover the 30 quid, yeah?

Acott

Good feedback lads, I'll amend and upload a couple of font options and maybe work on switching out the cross for something else. Are you all happy with Wee County Brewers, rather than Louth Brewers?

helmet

I like the Wee County myself.

cronan

The Wee county looks good.
I have no problem paying towards the banner, we could have a whip around at the next meeting.

I take it there is a limited number of people that is going to be able to go to the brew day, unless tickets for the event are bought.
Obviously Helmet is first on the list, will we have a list of who is interested in going?

helmet

Yup, we'll hopefully be getting 2 or 3 tickets, but I've been told that if there's a few more on the list their names will be left behind the ticket desk on the day and they'll just have to stick a tenner in the charity bucket.....bargain!

cronan

Thats cool then.
I can bring a big table.
For the all grain brew do we want to do BIAB or 3 vessel.

danger_zone

i guess the most logical way to decide the 3 passes is to whoever is bringing the gear we need e.g.

1. Dan the Man - for obvious reasons
2. Cronan - for the tables
3. Niall - for the hose & connects

i don't mind dropping a tenner on my way in for this. Pity we can't take glass bottles but I can see the reasoning behind it. I might have some bottles of my Brown Ale in PET bottles but probably only 5or6 of them if that's any good
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

The glassbottles are fine, we just have to make sure the empties leave with us, that's all.
Let's say there's 6-8 of us, 6 bottles a piece would probably be plenty. I don't know about the keg idea. Remember we'll be set up beside the Vanguard bar and wouldn't want to be pissing on their parade.

Would a BIAB be easier to do on the day? I could bring along my mashtun, just to show that option.