• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:40:38 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Vantastival

Started by helmet, April 12, 2015, 09:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danger_zone

I'll take some wine Aidan brewed
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

Quote from: Will_D on April 28, 2015, 10:46:27 PM
If you are setting up a brew demo/stand you don't wait till the box-office opens. Get there about 2 hours early and get set up. Waterelectrics/tables etc. You will be amazed at the chaos!.

When you have the basics set up you can then get some water on to warm. Brewing is like the old movies "Oh my god the baby is comming - quick get the water on to boil"!

Then relax, check the free samples and chill till the public arrives.

How do I know this? Coz' I and a few others have been doing it for a few years at the RDS and Altech!
Thanks for the advice Will, but we can't physically get on site until 11, let the madness ensue!

itsclinto

So far the weather doesn't look too great.  Might be an issue when moving stuff but luckily we're under the tent!

Sunday, 03/05/2015
Time                   Forecast        Temp.   Precipitation   Wind
00:00–06:00   Light rain           9°    0.4 – 0.7 mm   Fresh breeze, 9 m/s from east-southeastFresh breeze, 9 m/s from east-southeast
06:00–12:00   Cloudy           9°   0.1 – 0.4 mm   Light breeze, 3 m/s from eastLight breeze, 3 m/s from east
12:00–18:00   Heavy rain   13°   2.3 – 11.1 mm   Light breeze, 4 m/s from southeastLight breeze, 4 m/s from southeast
19:00–01:00   Partly cloudy   14°   0.1 mm           Gentle breeze, 5 m/s from southGentle breeze, 5 m/s from south

Blueshed

Conditions are pretty poor atm. Muck everywhere. Defo bring rubber boots and plenty of layer's as it's  cold.

itsclinto

Quote from: Blueshed on May 03, 2015, 04:22:56 AM
Conditions are pretty poor atm. Muck everywhere. Defo bring rubber boots and plenty of layer's as it's  cold.

Thanks for the heads up  ;D

Acott

Good luck today lads, hope the weather is kind!

helmet

Great day had, that banner was the talk of the place!

danger_zone

What a handsome guy there

Great day again guys. Huge success

drinking - whiskey stout

Rossa

Great exposure guys. Fair play.

helmet

It was pretty much a success I think. Plenty of people asking all the questions you'd like them to ask. A few headbangers on the mooch, but you can forgive that. Good craic!

cronan

Wow i am hungover after that, good craic was had

itsclinto

Quote from: cronan on May 04, 2015, 09:58:34 AM
Wow i am hungover after that, good craic was had

That explains why the brew went to plan  ;)

Hats off to helmet for organising the brew day and everybody for the laugh. We definitely got the name out there. It was a super day and hopefully we can do another one soon enough. Really enjoyed it

barney

Hi lads
Great day yesterday lots of nice people asking interesting questions apart from the wild drunk lad  and his  mate Maddog who are back living in the forest and working for 12 days straight on a building site did any one swap any beer for weed !!!!
I think we gain one or two new members also and met some genuine nice people
Thanks helmet for coming up with the idea and all the work you put in I am hoping to have stout samples ready for June meeting

danger_zone

Haha I couldn't believe it when he took the drugs out in front of us

I thought it was pretty cool that yer one from the pub thought we were commercial and wanted to stock our beers

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

I don't buy the living in the forest story. You just know he lives in an apartment full of Ikea furniture somewhere!