• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 23, 2024, 07:47:54 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Craft Range Blonde Lager kit original gravity

Started by BrewDorg, August 22, 2015, 05:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrewDorg

Wasn't a huge fan but since it was the first kit I brewed, I'd put that down to process rather than the product. Looking back, I think it's odd they give a lager yeast with this kit. I'd probably toss the yeast included and use US-05 instead. They call it a lager on the box, but in reality it never will be.

thechevron

Quote from: BrewDorg on March 01, 2016, 02:41:26 PM
Wasn't a huge fan but since it was the first kit I brewed, I'd put that down to process rather than the product. Looking back, I think it's odd they give a lager yeast with this kit. I'd probably toss the yeast included and use US-05 instead. They call it a lager on the box, but in reality it never will be.

Its my first brew too and its nearly 3 weeks in the FV with little or no movement on the gravity.

Everyone is telling me to leave it and wait, but my patience is wearing thin. Its sitting at a solid 18 degrees, whereas the instructions said 22 degrees. Im tempted to get a brew belt and get it up to 22 before I dry hop and bottle.

Leann ull

You've had your 7 days, throwing hops in is a complete waste imho, you'll just have sweet hoppy low abv beer
For some reason your yeast crapped out, it could have been that it was too hot or cold to start with when you pitched the packet or too cold during fermentation.
Do you have a good thermometer?
What does it taste like?