• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 17, 2024, 05:50:38 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New Year, New Venue - Jan/Feb Meet

Started by Bazza, January 16, 2015, 10:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

Hey all,

Belatedly looking for a best date for our first Belfast meet of the year, in our new venue of the Bridge House (Wetherspoons) on Bedford Street.

I've put up a number of Weds and Thurs from now till mid-Feb, so please select ALL the dates that suit you.

We'll go with the winner and book it in the latter half of next week.

Cheers and MERRY NEW YEAR!! WE HAVE BIG FUN!!
(Bogooley-Bogooley-Bogooley- HAH!
Bogooley-Bogooley-Bogooley- HAH! )

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Bazza

I'll close the voting on Friday afternoon, but looks like 4th and 5th of Feb are neck and neck. We can argue, fight or flip a coin if it comes down a sudden death sityeeatchin.

In the meantime, keep the votes coming.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

BrewBilly

Im in London so sorry lads wont work for me
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

Roo

Thursday's suit me most. Voted accordingly. Hope to see you all again soon.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Amac47

Bazza

Okay, so voting's been locked and the poll is now closed. We have a winner of the 5th Feb  - Thursday week.

I'll get on the blower to Wetherspoons today to confirm.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Okay, so I've provisionally booked 'Spoons for 8pm on Thursday 5th Feb.

I'll phone them again on Monday, just to confirm, and will update with exact location i.e. floor, etc.

Did I mention that Thursday's Curry Club  :D

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Great stuff!

Gonna have to give this a miss - double booked and I'm on duty that night but hopefully next time!

sixstingsgareth

Cool I've never been. What's the format of these meets?

Bazza

Quote from: banjobrew on January 29, 2015, 12:26:34 PM
Format usually involves guys with bags containing the fruits of their effort shuffling uncomfortably in one corner of the venue looking nervously around for other similarly nervous looking guys with bags (usually to be found in an opposite corner).
The venue, during all this, have no idea of any scheduled club meeting, and disinterestedly sell them a beer to settle their nerves and gather their thoughts.
Suitably empowered by the hit of alcohol, one member from each of the twiching corners does the slow, back bent, eyebrows up and down slide to a middle point whereupon they both whisper at the same time in a barely audible tone: 'Homebrew Club?'

The resulting relief is palpable throughout the room, new friendships are immediately struck, the venue suddenly realise they might have taken a call some weeks back about a club meet, and hastily arrange a spot for them in some far off corner to commence their meeting.

Anyone else who happens to call in at this stage leaves promptly, scratching their head in confusion, as the cloud of amnesia once again descends on the premises.

Anyway, that's enough about the old venue. Wetherspoons is an as-yet untried animal at this stage. I'll speak to them early next week about exact location and the possibility of putting up a sign near the door.

Format is pretty informal: Introductions, buy beer, try each other's beers, buy more beer, general brewing chat. Q&A...

We used to do this weird thing called an 'agenda', but that usually disappeared in the above-mentioned cloud of amnesia.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Will_D

As we lost our venue to JDW ( Old Boro in Swords) we will be watching this with interest. Please keep us informed as to how you get on withe JDW (Am sure it will be down to the managers)

Will (NCB)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

sixstingsgareth

Quote from: Bazza on January 29, 2015, 01:28:30 PM
Quote from: banjobrew on January 29, 2015, 12:26:34 PM
Format usually involves guys with bags containing the fruits of their effort shuffling uncomfortably in one corner of the venue looking nervously around for other similarly nervous looking guys with bags (usually to be found in an opposite corner).
The venue, during all this, have no idea of any scheduled club meeting, and disinterestedly sell them a beer to settle their nerves and gather their thoughts.
Suitably empowered by the hit of alcohol, one member from each of the twiching corners does the slow, back bent, eyebrows up and down slide to a middle point whereupon they both whisper at the same time in a barely audible tone: 'Homebrew Club?'

The resulting relief is palpable throughout the room, new friendships are immediately struck, the venue suddenly realise they might have taken a call some weeks back about a club meet, and hastily arrange a spot for them in some far off corner to commence their meeting.

Anyone else who happens to call in at this stage leaves promptly, scratching their head in confusion, as the cloud of amnesia once again descends on the premises.

Anyway, that's enough about the old venue. Wetherspoons is an as-yet untried animal at this stage. I'll speak to them early next week about exact location and the possibility of putting up a sign near the door.

Format is pretty informal: Introductions, buy beer, try each other's beers, buy more beer, general brewing chat. Q&A...

We used to do this weird thing called an 'agenda', but that usually disappeared in the above-mentioned cloud of amnesia.

-Barry

Haha I genuinely had a good chuckle at this. Also I imagined this exactly. Peering around corners and thinking to my+44 7568 160800self "does that guy look like he brews his own beer? ...nah he's drinking bud, couldn't possibly."

I'm working until 9:30 that night but I'll stick my head in on and see if anyone is still about!

Roo

Come on Bazza.....New Year.....New Attempt at Agenda. It's gonna be different this year.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

jamesyfin

Wat time does the meets normally kick off ? Gonna try it down 2 it :) be my 1st 1.
James fin