• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:41:27 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Evans' Brewery

Started by irish_goat, April 07, 2016, 08:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

NHC member, Tom, has launched his first beer, Foyle's Gold. Should be appearing in bars in Inishowen very soon and then in Derry from the summer. A seaweed stout using locally harvested seaweed is planned for the summer then.

I hope I speak for the entire NHC by wishing him the best of luck!  ;D

https://twitter.com/evansbrewery
https://www.facebook.com/evansbrewery/?fref=ts

Leann ull

gazz

Any information about the brewery,how much it can produce,costs involved in setting up etc?

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

DEMPSEY

Well done and best of luck Tom.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

PCBrewer

Good luck with this.
Looking forward to trying the beers

DEMPSEY

Good name. Has a nice ring to it. :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

oblivious

Great to see and best of luck to them  :)

Tom

Thanks everyone! You can't keep secrets on here, eh? Very fond of the name. Struggling with the brewery name though, as the apostrophe keeps getting misplaced! Not on here, though.

@Gazz, the brewery is about 1.5bbl. The most I've got out of it yet is 460 bottles. Reckon I can get 500 out of it at a push! I got the whole thing started for an arm, a leg and a song, simply because I have done everything except the electrics (well, most of the electrics). I even did all the planning stuff. What I've saved in cash has been spent in sheer time & effort.

I'll be selling in Inishowen & Letterkenny, and eventually Derry. On the volumes I can produce I don't imagine I'll be selling much further than that. However, if you do get your hands on a bottle, I would absolutely love your feedback. The knowledge here is unreal, and I'd like to continue to benefit from that.

Couldn't and wouldn't be opening without things like the BJCP training course that the NHC provided. It's given me the confidence that I can brew the beers that I want, improve them, and if there's a flaw, spot it early.

I regularly tweet through my brewdays etc, so if you're interested in how many cockups one can get in an average brewday, I'm @EvansBrewery.

Thanks again, y'all!

gazz

April 07, 2016, 01:52:37 PM #10 Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:04:19 PM by gazz
Just looking at some of the pics, looks great how you done it, love the lower budget diy approach, think your marketing should defo reflect this (could you be the smallest commercial brewery in Ireland?)...You should run some courses every now and then on budget brewery setup(bring in some extra revenue)

Check this budget bottling machine out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ikKnYwKtjA

helmet

I'll be in Buncrana in a few weeks, I'll go hunting!

irish_goat

Quote from: helmet on April 07, 2016, 02:17:48 PM
I'll be in Buncrana in a few weeks, I'll go hunting!

Just so you know, the locals might seem like wild animals but hunting them is forbidden.  :P

helmet

I married one of them, I know full well what they're capable of!

BigDanny84

Fair play and best of luck Tom.