• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 04:42:05 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brenmurph (Brendan from Kildare town)

Started by brenmurph, November 26, 2012, 10:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

November 26, 2012, 10:05:58 PM Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:07:59 PM by brenmurph
Hiya, started homebrewing in the late 70's when everything was so expensive u couldnt afford to go for a pint! they were the days when devaneys rathgar had a homebrew get together! The first official record is a painting I have that was done in 1985, it sums up my passion for real beer, bottles/ barrells/ fermenters everywhere and me with my pint in hand, I havnt changed much since then!
More recently now that my kids are all grown up I have the freedom and the facility to brew at my leisure. I'm lucky I have the other half who's as mad as me with the drink, shes my chief taster.
Always have about 20 different brews ready, right now have 30 something (9 kegs) plus 20+ bottle batches because I brew every week.
My profession is nutrition and I promote beer as a nutrititious alternative to Milk, Coke, Fruit juices and Wine. When the evidence is examined less harm is done by beer and real beer is significantly more nutritious than most if not all commercial filtered beer.
Just Back from a 3-day beer trip to Birmingham where I discovered an amazing Plum Porter in Wederspoons as a Guest-ale, Fresh plums married really well to the rich dark full bodied ale!......Ill be trying to reproduce that one asap
NHC members are very welcome to my base/ studio near Kildare Town where ye are invited to my weekly beer tasting and brewing sessions to share tastes, bottles and beer ideas in real life as well as the forum here. If anyone fancies a dual effort to make that plum porter all the better!  Hope to meet up with some of ye soon!