• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 02:39:02 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hey

Started by Jimmythehead, January 29, 2013, 04:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmythehead

whats up! first time on this so be gentle.... im a lover of fine Belgian wheat beers, mainly the dark ones but also blondes. made my first beer (weissbier) about 2 years ago and love it. dont have as much free time as i'd like to dedicate to this art but i never drink budweiser or any of that shit when im out... i'd sooner walk the length of dublin for a nice dark ale  :)

i make videos too, check out my youtube channel - www.youtube.com/jamesthehead

JimmyM

Damn it - just as i change my name...

Welcome Jimmy.
:)
Formerly JamesM.

Ciderhead

January 29, 2013, 05:05:50 PM #2 Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:06:18 PM by Ciderhead
Quotewhats up! first time on this so be gentle.... im a lover of fine Belgian wheat beers, mainly the dark ones but also blondes. made my first beer (weissbier) about 2 years ago and love it. dont have as much free time as i'd like to dedicate to this art but i never drink budweiser or any of that shit when im out... i'd sooner walk the length of dublin for a nice dark aleĀ  :)

i make videos too, check out my youtube channel - www.youtube.com/jamesthehead

Welcome aboard Jimmy, we are always supportive of members with talents "I make videos too" nice work, fancy making music vid for our competition on the 2nd?
If not I'm sure we will use your skills at some stage?
Don't forget to submit your entry for the 2nd in any case. ;)

Jimmythehead

QuoteDamn it - just as i change my name...

Welcome Jimmy.

hahah sorry dude, tho ive heard people with the name Jimmy are both the most attractive and generally brilliant people in any social group

Welcome aboard Jimmy, we are always supportive of members with talents "I make videos too" nice work, fancy making music vid for our competition on the 2nd?

thanks very much chief! literally released a music video 10 mins ago for a dublin rapper called Siyo. yea i might be interested in your event, i have all my own equipment so totally doable. give me an email - jimmythehead@gmail.com

Ciderhead

January 29, 2013, 05:25:55 PM #4 Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:55:14 PM by Ciderhead
QuoteDamn it - just as i change my name...

Welcome Jimmy.

hahah sorry dude, tho ive heard people with the name Jimmy are both the most attractive and generally brilliant people in any social group

thanks very much chief! literally released a music video 10 mins ago for a dublin rapper called Siyo. yea i might be interested in your event, i have all my own equipment so totally doable. give me an email - jimmythehead@gmail.com

Ok so we have an official photographer Will D on here and I was gonna knock out a youtube vid with a combination of his stills and my handheld cannon HD using cyberlink power director :-[
Not sure how comfortable you are bout mixing beer and your high performance electric equipment, you may be able to park it somewhere secure after the event?
PM me and Tube if you interested
played a few of your vids now pretty impressive stuff specially your animation

Padraic

Good video Jimmy and welcome aboard! Judging by your video locations you're based in the city centre, so it might be an idea to check out the capital brewers! We have a monthly brewday and hope to have a monthly workshop and a monthly beer tasting evening up and running soon.

If you're based elsewhere we have a few clubs around that might be interesting to you!

johnrm

Welcome Jimmy,

Pretty good video, although not my choice of music.
Constructive criticism: that spliff seems to jump from yo to bro at each cut!

Will_D

Welcome Jimmy

Awesome video!

I loved the background A-bomb tests!! Just what we need when a judge opens an overcarbed "Volcano" bottle.

BTW: I am the Will_D (the UNofficial photog for NHC and Malahide Rugby Club)

Guys, I think with a 5 or 10 min (pro video like the clip like Jimmy posted) video (cut with some great music) of the NHC comp we could go "Viral on U-Tube" (whatever that means I'm an old fart remember)

Must remove the braces keys of the key board 9,0,9,9,00 Yep they've gone

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Ciderhead

Guys, I think with a 5 or 10 min (pro video like the clip like Jimmy posted) video (cut with some great music) of the NHC comp we could go "Viral on U-Tube"

+1

Jimmythehead

wow! thanks for all the comments lads! is this competition on the 2nd of february? kinda short notice for me im afraid, ive paintballing that day and a mates birthday party after :( where is the event on anyway just in case im close by? i work full time and just replaced my boss literally last week so very busy period for me this month

Ciderhead

Quotewow! thanks for all the comments lads! is this competition on the 2nd of february? kinda short notice for me im afraid, ive paintballing that day and a mates birthday party after :( where is the event on anyway just in case im close by? i work full time and just replaced my boss literally last week so very busy period for me this month
2nd of March at Bull and Castle

Jimmythehead

cool beans, that should be doable  :)

also Will_D will you be there? what kind of camera are you using? ive a canon 7d which i just purchased second hand over christmas. have used dslr's in the past for a day or two here or there.

whats the event going to be like? link me if its alot to describe!

....also if someone could give me a reminder the week before the competition that would be toppo - jimmythehead@gmail.com

im guessing u guys dont have a budget for a video, but a few free beers would be acceptable!

p.s. heres a pic of something nice i got myself last christmas...

CB_Phil

That stuff looks tasty, like my dark stuff too! More Porters, Ales & Stouts, but like the odd Wheat & Heather beers too

Will_D

also Will_D will you be there? what kind of camera are you using? ive a canon 7d which i just purchased second hand over christmas. have used dslr's in the past for a day or two here or there.

I will be there!!

I have a fairly old EOS 400D (only 10megP) but my lenses are fairly pro!!

People show me there I-Thing and say "Hey Old timer, I've got a 15mPixel Camera Phone". The old timer replies, "Ok, but my lens weighs about 2kg, it's good at f 2.8 and can resolve 2 razor blades at a 100 meters"

Camera phones "Ewkk"

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Jimmythehead

QuoteThat stuff looks tasty, like my dark stuff too! More Porters, Ales & Stouts, but like the odd Wheat & Heather beers too

50 quid for 6 bottles, i should hope so!

Will_D - hopefully i get a chance to go to the competition and if i do i shall see you there with your lovely lenses  :)