• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:03:30 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello from the midlands

Started by Dodge, March 05, 2013, 12:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge

Hi everyone.

It was great meeting some of you up at the competion. I had a great time there and was very lucky winning so much.

There seems to be a few clubs around the outskirts of Ireland but I was wondering if there are fellow home brewers around the Athlone/ Moate area that may like to meet up.

Thanks

Dodge ( Roger) :)

JimmyM

Well done on the wins Roger.
Hopefully a few people out your way see this and get in touch.
Formerly JamesM.

Padraic

Is that Michael Phelps?

It would be great to get something going in the midlands, there seem to be clubs around the costs but nothing further inland! I hope a few others join in and learn a bit from a champion brewer!

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

March 05, 2013, 01:30:30 PM #3 Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:31:06 PM by saruman
Well Alexander Taipan used to post on ICB but has not been around in years.
He is from Athlone.

His old blog with his impressive setup is still online so you could always try contact him.

I used to be in Rochfortbridge but left last year.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

johnrm

Congrats on the Meggels Dodge!
Nice to meet and chat with you and your better half on Sat.
Sorry can't help you on the local brewer front.

Dodge

Thanks guys! I'll keep searching and maybe if I'm in the area I'll join up at one of your club meets as posted

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

It's a sad day when someone gives up home brewing and sadder still when someone had a little shiny brewery setup in their shed and was as advanced as he was.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

Rossa

QuoteIt's a sad day when someone gives up home brewing and sadder still when someone had a little shiny brewery setup in their shed and was as advanced as he was.

Nice guy too. I half think he may have left our fair shores. Not 100% though.