• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 07:35:46 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Bonjour de Montreal

Started by fergus, April 02, 2013, 01:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fergus

Hey all,

My name is Fergus. I just stopped by the site to see what is happening back home in terms of homebrewing. I am from Laois but have been living here in Montreal for the past 3 years where there is a very healthy homebrew and craft brew scene. I am glad to see that the homebrew scene back home is starting to take off and more and more clubs are starting to pop up (anything for the Laois/Offaly area?). I have been brewing all grain since last year and my setup consists of a 45l cooler that I use as a mash tun, a 15gal kettle, a 8gal Bayou kettle/tun and a couple of carboys. Since Christmas I have brewed 2 American Pale Ale SMaSHs, both with 2-row and 1 with Cascade hops and the other with Chinook hops. It is a great way to understand what a single ingredient brings to the mix when brewing more complex beers. Right now I am looking at picking up a 2nd hand chest freezer and integrating it with the STC-1000 digital temperature controller so I can keep fermenting during the very hot and humid Montreal summer.

I will stop by regularly to see how things are going on the other side of the pond and to share my experiences (or advice where I have any) also :)

Cheers,

Ferg

DEMPSEY

Welcome Fergus,always delighted to see new posters. Keep us informed on matters Canadian and just generally interact with all matters rabbiting on here. :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us