• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 03:20:31 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hi from Kildare

Started by Sherlock Homebrew, January 06, 2016, 08:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherlock Homebrew

Hi All,

I just signed up today. John here, in the county Kildare. I've been brewing extract batches for about a year now, usually with a bit of speciality grain and a hop boil (HBC full extract kits or else experiments). Very tight on space where I am at the mo, but buying a little house with my family this year so plan to make the long-awaited leap into all-grain. Will need all the help I can get!

Leann ull

Welcome aboard loving the username

Blueshed

Welcome aboard, good to have another Lillywhite.

Are you based north or south, you have a pretty good club just outside Kildare town and another club based in Lucan.

Sherlock Homebrew

Thanks CH and Blueshed. I'm in Sallins near Naas, but will be moving down to Ballitore, near Athy, later in the year. So unfortunately I'm going to miss seeing my local craft beer pub in Sallins, Lock 13, convert into a brewery pub in the near future! I met a few brewers at the Lock 13 beer festival, Locktoberfest, last year. Got some good advise on brewing and tasted some amazing brews, but it's all a bit hazy for some reason....

Blueshed

im pretty sure there is a brewer near Athy and your still not to far away from Kildare town.

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php/board,20.0.html