• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 05:34:08 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Just wandered in...

Started by 5MinFinney, December 16, 2015, 07:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5MinFinney

Hiya, just thought I would finally check this place out.  I have been home brewing for over 1.5 years now and am constantly experimenting with my brews. I brew small batch (1 gallon) as I am limited on space, but find I can be quite creative with them. I judged one NHC competition earlier this year which peaked my interest in perhaps entering my beers in competitions, so considering nationals now.

Anyhow, that's pretty much it :)

cheers so...

Shanna

Quote from: 5MinFinney on December 16, 2015, 07:22:19 PM
Hiya, just thought I would finally check this place out.  I have been home brewing for over 1.5 years now and am constantly experimenting with my brews. I brew small batch (1 gallon) as I am limited on space, but find I can be quite creative with them. I judged one NHC competition earlier this year which peaked my interest in perhaps entering my beers in competitions, so considering nationals now.

Anyhow, that's pretty much it :)

cheers so...
Welcome, what part of the world are you in?

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

5MinFinney

Quote from: Shanna on December 16, 2015, 07:39:05 PM

Welcome, what part of the world are you in?

Shanna

I am in Dublin   :)

Leann ull

Welcome, what part we have 4 local clubs all around Dublin, do you have a blog about craft beer or am I thinking about someone else?

Bubbles

Quote from: CH on December 16, 2015, 08:39:29 PM
do you have a blog about craft beer or am I thinking about someone else?

Ah sure, who doesn't these days???

[photographs pint and opens wordpress]

5MinFinney

Quote from: CH on December 16, 2015, 08:39:29 PM
Welcome, what part we have 4 local clubs all around Dublin, do you have a blog about craft beer or am I thinking about someone else?

I am in Donnybrook, but not sure whether the Capital or South Dublin will end up working best for me.

Yes I do have a blog or vlog rather. I do beer reviews, interviews, random other crap, sometimes whiskey reviews - at http://www.5minfinney.com/ (all on youtube).

giacomo

Leann ull

Ah yes now I know you, you got upset when I told you I was going to unfollow you on Twitter because of that untapped spam thing :(.
In any case you are very welcome, I do like your reviews, you are fortunate as there is a great group that meet in the Darkhorse and know their stuff, meads especially ;)
Are your batches extract or all grain?
In any case to me a really true beer reviewer will appreciate whats involved in the process of brewing and probably why so many from our group up to 25 last time I counted have gone on to be amazing pro brewers so don't be afraid to ask loads of questions as we all learn off each other. 

5MinFinney

Quote from: CH on December 16, 2015, 09:34:07 PM
Ah yes now I know you, you got upset when I told you I was going to unfollow you on Twitter because of that untapped spam thing :(.
In any case you are very welcome, I do like your reviews, you are fortunate as there is a great group that meet in the Darkhorse and know their stuff, meads especially ;)
In any case to me a really true beer reviewer will appreciate whats involved in the process of brewing and probably why so many from our group up to 25 last time I counted have gone on to be amazing pro brewers so don't be afraid to ask loads of questions as we all learn off each other.

No I just challenged you  ;)  Also just be aware my untappd does not link to my twitter anymore...

I do not do much in the way of mead, I am more worried about meeting times and what club will fit in with my schedule. I think the south Dub crew meets last Thursday of every month which I cannot do.

I have always done all grain, that is what I learned. My plan at some point is to own my own brewery if I can afford it. I love brewing. I will definitely chat it up and ask questions when necessary!

Leann ull

Cool, will give you a follow again so and for anybody else account is @irishfinney

On the club front there are a few on here that tend to gypsy it a bit, myself included, depending on where they are and its always great getting feedback on what we brew.
Im sure you will get to your brewery at some point in the meantime have fun :)

Will_D

Well if you want flexibilty, consistency, and the best beers in Dubland, look no further than the North County Brewers.

We meet every 2nd Tuesday in Swords and every 4th* Tuesday in Malahide

* Exception: As its Christmas the December Malahide meet is the 5th Tuesday of Dec. (i.e. 29th) 
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Shanna

Quote from: 5MinFinney on December 16, 2015, 09:50:09 PM
Quote from: CH on December 16, 2015, 09:34:07 PM

No I just challenged you  ;)  Also just be aware my untappd does not link to my twitter anymore...

I do not do much in the way of mead, I am more worried about meeting times and what club will fit in with my schedule. I think the south Dub crew meets last Thursday of every month which I cannot do.

I have always done all grain, that is what I learned. My plan at some point is to own my own brewery if I can afford it. I love brewing. I will definitely chat it up and ask questions when necessary!
For the last few months we have been meeting on  the first Thursday of the month so keep an eye on the club thread for the next meeting.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

5MinFinney

Quote from: Shanna on December 17, 2015, 08:20:02 AM

For the last few months we have been meeting on  the first Thursday of the month so keep an eye on the club thread for the next meeting.

Shanna

Ah good to know, that would work much better!

beerfly

capital generally meet the last wed of the month. usually in w.j kavanaghs but sometimes other places.
next meet up is Wednesday