• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 08:28:50 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Started by SureLook, June 21, 2020, 01:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SureLook

New to the forum - located in Craigavon - and have done ~10 extract brews to date (mostly IPAs with a few stouts/lagers thrown in). Recently purchased kit for all grain and waiting on it to arrive, gonna try an easy IPA [BIAG recipe to start!

P.S. Does anyone know of brew clubs outside of Belfast but still in NI? Can't seem to find anything and I'm about 30-35 mins drive away from the closest one (Northern Lights club on the Ormeau Rd). Obviously they wont be up and running now but something to check out in the future.
Wee County Brewers - Small County, Big Beers!

Quiet_Man

Welcome on board SureLook.

There are two homebrew clubs that meet in the Northern Lights - Belfast Homebrewers (who are on this forum) and The Brew Club Belfast who grew out of House of Homebrew/Nature's Way).

Although called Belfast Homebrewers, our members are from all over NI, and we are proud of those from the club who have gone on to live the dream - Matthew @ Boundary, Chris @ MashDown and Gareth @ Mourne Mountain.

Obviously we are not meeting at the moment, but hopefully things will sort themselves out soon.

While Northern Lights is our spiritual home, we do try to get out and about and have held brew days at various Breweries (Mourne Mountains, Boundary, Hillstown) and attend local beer events.

Keep an eye on the forum for future events, and good luck with the all grain!

Andy

SureLook

Cool, thanks for the info! Good to know there's a few potential options for brew days and brew clubs, I'll keep an eye out for them and hopefully they'll pick back up soon.
Wee County Brewers - Small County, Big Beers!

Michael73

Hi SureLook, I'm new here too I'm based in Portadown. Been doing BIAB for a couple of yrs now and recently went for an all in one system. I think you'll notice the difference between all grain and extract, all grain is definitely the way to go.

Happy brewing.
Michael.