• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:34:09 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

NHC Flyers - Design Volunteers ?

Started by Partridge9, May 08, 2014, 11:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partridge9

We kinda ran out.

I was going to get some printed to give out at events etc.

Looking at 216 X 139 mm, Colour - two sided.

But one sided is good too (maybe having a blank side can be handy for putting email addresses etc)

Any volunteers to do a design ? 

Rossa

Great idea. Bit late... but do the guys in Cork want any for the upcoming HB fest.

Who designed the Belfast logo? Would they have a go at a national flyer perhaps? The logo looks great BTW.

Will_D

"Requirements, requirements, requirements!!"

What is required to be on the flyer?

We had the previous A5 double sided; Map of the auld sod and the regionals, and on t'other the wordage.

Would not an update to previous be OK or do we need something radical ( ???), Cheaper ( :() ) or whatever?

Design solutions come down to 3 criteria: "Requirements, requirements, requirements!!"
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Partridge9

Well,

The last one was pretty good. Its a lot cheaper to go single sided.

So lets say

The text on the previous flyer went something like this ..

Interested in quality beer and cider ? Want to learn the craft of brewing on a small scale ? Then join us at the National Homebrew Club - Ireland's largest collection of brewers.
With our online forum of more than 850 users and 14 local clubs dotted around the Island, you are never far away from advice  and expertise. We offer communal brewdays workshops talks and tasting sessions and our community of brewers are always eager to help beginners get going. This is a hobby that will make you a firm favorite with family and friends.

Whether you are strarting out on beer kits, have moved onto extract brewing or are a seasoned all-grain brewer, join us at the Nationalhomebrewclub.ie.

So basically it could be broke into four

One box - the above text.
One box the Ireland map
One box our logo / website / facebook
One box with our objectives.

and graphics in there as well.

Thats the kinda thing I was thinking.

Anyone out there with Adobe illustrator ?

sub82

Quote from: Rossa on May 08, 2014, 11:16:44 PM
Great idea. Bit late... but do the guys in Cork want any for the upcoming HB fest.

Who designed the Belfast logo? Would they have a go at a national flyer perhaps? The logo looks great BTW.

Iain_Todd did our logo - he might be up for the flyer. I'll let him know.

iain_todd

Yeah I'll give it a go. Send me the spec sure and I'll see what I can do!

"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

Partridge9

Thanks Iain

Really appreciate the help !

Rossa

iain_todd

Gimme a PM and give me an idea of what you want, including all text required and any other things I should know!

"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

iain_todd

Actually sure it's up there a few posts ago! Never worry, I'll get working on it...