• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:40:37 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello from Dublin

Started by NormanBrew, September 01, 2014, 06:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NormanBrew

Hi everybody

I have never been into forums and stuff but I have to say, this one looks deadly! I am originally from Normandy where I have been brewing for 6 years. I now live in Dublin and just set my brewing lab in the bedroom (any tip against the smell of alcohol by the way?..).

I just joined the forum as I am looking for group buys on grain, hops, yeast...the whole lot! I brew 25 litres every week and I'd be delighted to meet up with other home brewers to share our experiences and learn from each other (also try each other's beers and have a bit of Craich as they say!).

Anyway, as I said, not used to introduce myself on forums so, I'll stay quiet now and keep browsing for more hidden treasures on the site!

Bye guys!

Garry

Bonjour. Welcome to the NHC  :)

25l a week? There are a few clubs in Dublin to choose from. The recruitment pitches will start shortly  :P

Shane Phelan

Brew Log

Shane Phelan

Brew Log

NormanBrew

Hey guys

Well that was quick, thanks for your messages! I am based in Dublin 1. What exactly are the clubs? Do we brew together like on a regular basis? That's deadly!

I am all excited to see such an active community of home brewers! So how the hell do I get into a brewing club now?.. :)

Shane Phelan

The Capital Brewers sub forum can be found here. Might as well grab yourself a T-shirt while you are at it.  ;)

Our next brewday is on national home brew day on October 4th in TOG.

We also have monthly meets to taste beers etc, the next one wont be for around 3 weeks in location to be confirmed as we move around.
Brew Log

NormanBrew

Ah ok cool!  ;) I am definitely gonna order a T-shirt on pay day this week!

So you guys brew together at the TOG once a month? That's pretty cool, I remember going there about a year ago, I'll definitely go back! How do I join the club, is there a fee or something? And do you guys buy grain and ingredients in group?

Sorry for all the questions, I feel like I've just discovered a whole world of home brewers I had no idea about before!

Shane Phelan

Definitely the starting point would be to join the umbrella club here. The group buys take place on a larger scale the main club which you will have access to when you are a full member.  I will put you down for a T-shirt.

Are you going to the RDS this weekend?
Brew Log

NormanBrew

Thanks for that, I will join this week! I just got my tickets for the RDS (Sunday), do you know if they'll have ingredients for sale there?

Shane Phelan

Don't think there will be anything for sale, more stuff on display. If you sign up as a full member you will get discounts to all of the main Irish homebrew shops.
Brew Log

NormanBrew

Oh cool thanks! Will do on Thursday!

NormanBrew

Well, just got my membership sorted !  ;D Now I only have to get one of them T-shirts...LOL...