• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:34:00 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

A new one from Limerick

Started by Marek2200, October 24, 2014, 05:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marek2200

October 24, 2014, 05:43:48 PM Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 08:48:35 PM by Marek2200

Hello there,

I'm new here.  I live in Limerick. Few months ago I started brewing beer at home. I decided to start from full mash brewing. I've brewed five types of beer so far - dry stout, Irish red ale, wittbier, Belgian Strong ale and Belgian pale ale. I'm going to brew next few beers this year: dry stout, oatmeal stout and maybe  I'll try my first bottom fermenting beer (I don't have a fridge for that so I hope winter will be cold ;)

Just want to say hello and ask about good supplier of malt, yeast, hops, equipment etc. Do you recommend any particular or all of them are good?

Marek

marzen scorsese

welcome to the site marek try thehomebrewcompany.ie or homebrewwest.ie for starters. happy brewing  :)

Chris

Welcome Marek sounds like your off to a flyer. Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions. I get most of my stuff online but if you get onto BrettDundee in the limerick brewers he sells bags of hops. He is based on Birdhill bit often in limerick. He holds his own little hop picking festival every autumn hopsoverfest which is very popular. He also did a brewing demonstration in the blind pig last month.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

johnrm

Welcome Marek.
I'm a Clare Ex-pat living in Cork and delighted to see rising interest in the mid west!
Great work so far, there's nothing like getting in at the deep end!

Marek2200

Thank you for the information and warm welcome here! Just finished my brew day. Dry stout on priming fermentation :) Now the worst thing for homebrewer - waiting :)

marzen scorsese

Now the worst thing for homebrewer - waiting :)

here here waiting is a pain in the butt

brenmurph

Brew plenty throw in a 3% English bitter will b reddy 10 days while ur impatient for ur lagers!

Beerbuddha

IBD Member