• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:46:04 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brew Monk Conical fermenter

Started by Raxy, February 04, 2020, 08:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raxy

I'm thinking of upgrading to a SS fermenter. Was looking at the SS brewtech buckets but also seen this & was wondering if anyone has bought 1 and their opinions on it vs the bucket? Can't find anything online about it. about €30 cheaper than the brew bucket though

https://www.geterbrewed.ie/brew-monk-stainless-steel-conical-fermenter/

TheSumOfAllBeers

I wouldnt call it a true conical, it is very much an equivalent product to the brewbucket.

You wont be able to dump much through that small curved dump valve, so dont get any fancy notions of dumping out trub before a big dry hop, or doing any speciall double dry hops.

Like the brewbucket those ball valves cant be taken apart to be cleaned, and I suspect they attach via threaded connections.

The description says that there is a rotating dip tube (which is great) but I dont have the foggiest how that could work without seeing the pictures.

As a cheaper version of the brewbucket it looks good (the brew bucket has most of the issues above anyway), but I would also look into how the top bunghole is secured, and whether you can add something better than a bubbler up there (so you can do pressure transfers).