• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:55 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Nitro Pouring

Started by crimbo, January 21, 2021, 09:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimbo

I have a CO2 setup already and would like to get additional equipment for Nitro.
What equipment do I need, and does anyone have this for sale?

St. Fursey

I'm not selling mine, but as guidance You'll need:
1. Gas - stout mix
2. A nitrogen regulator. Nitrogen runs at much higher pressure than CO2 so you can't use your CO2 reg
3. A nitro tap with a restrictor plate

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

St. Fursey

Quote from: DEMPSEY on January 22, 2021, 05:26:04 PMhttps://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20210122092410&SearchText=beer+tap+stout There is a big selection here of stout taps.
Probably your best bed. I got mine from kegkingdom.co.uk but post brexit, shopping from the UK isn't good value

Qs

I got this a couple of weeks ago https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Stout-Creamer-Beer-Tap-Faucet-Guinness-Nitrogen-Coffee-Home-Bar-Man-Cave-UK/322931482407?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=512048507578&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 Its working grand, good quality and comes with a handle which many dont.

vinyljunkie

Has anyone sourced Nitro lately? I sent a mail to kennyfuels but no reply yet. I currently have an empty 50/50 beer gas canister but looking to find a refil or a fresh tank of 70/30.

crimbo

I just spoke to Kenny Fuels  (053) 937 2765
They've loads of beer gas in stock.

MichaelE

I just got a bottle last week, KIERAN LAWLER FUELS Swords 01 8404248 was closer to me and they had loads in stock too

crimbo

It get's more confusing
I bough one of these to fit a bottle from Kenny Fuels, only to be told that I actually need an Oxygen regulator instead!?

MichaelE

Yes i have had an absolute nightmare trying to get a regulator for mixed gas

You need to get one that screws into the cylinder the regular CO2 one wont do

I just got one off eBay UK , worked out at 90e including customs:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mixed-Gas-Primary-Gas-Bottle-Regulator-Wall-Mount-with-2-Gauges-Beer-Lager-Keg/143797102061?hash=item217af9a5ed:g:cwkAAOSwxXxfjtTh

Theres actually someone selling on on adverts right now new for 80e

Also to note that the CO2 bottle from start gas actually need a mixed gas type connector too

mac2k

Quote from: MichaelE on February 17, 2021, 04:53:11 PMI just got a bottle last week, KIERAN LAWLER FUELS Swords 01 8404248 was closer to me and they had loads in stock too

What size did you get and can you say what the cost was?

MichaelE

10L cost me 165e inc cylinder, their prices are on their website

crimbo

I got all the equipment I think I need, and I have to say the result was very dissapointing :-(
Nitro Gas 30/70 mix - Corney Keg - Stout Tap
Force carbonated Stout.

Only a slight sign of cascade, but really looked like it was dispensed by CO2.
Takes me back to an earlier question. How does the Nitrogen Gas actually get into the glass. Does factory made stout actually contain Nitro gas, where as the corney keg / home bew setup just isn't able for this?

phildo79

Jesus! I was toying with the idea of doing a Beamish/Murphy's clone but eff that. The price for the extra equipment just doesn't seem worth it.