• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 02:29:03 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Downsizing Brewing Footprint.

Started by Greg2013, July 18, 2015, 08:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Hi gang i have one of my "oh jaysus Greg is off his meds again" questions for ye.As some of ye may know I have been thinking for the last couple of months of downsizing my brewing setup for a couple of reasons,i want to go to smaller batches but more often and bigger variety of beers etc.I had thought of chucking it in completely but i would miss the process too much. As such i have been looking at selling off some of my all grain gear. :o

I have two kegs(which i will be moving on) and a large MT(Idle Valley brewing that i i will be keeping),four good cornies and one with a dodgy lid,four glass carboys,copper wort chiller(idle valley brewing again keeping).
What would the four cornies and four carboys be worth on their own and if i was to sell the whole lot minus the MT and Chiller what would that be worth ? ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

Weird i just tried to remove this post literally 30 seconds after posting it and i couldn't,thought we able to do that when there was no replies yet ? ???
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

Anyway just looking to see if this is a viable option,if i can't raise enough to do what i want then i will just put the lot into long term storage. ;D

molc

Sell the lot and then buy a grainfather with the proceeds. Tiny footprint and easier brewing
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Greg2013

Quote from: molc on July 18, 2015, 11:08:09 AM
Sell the lot and then buy a grainfather with the proceeds. Tiny footprint and easier brewing

Not at the price they are,anyway what i have would not get anywhere near 900 euro i would need for one of those. ;D

Leann ull

July 18, 2015, 01:27:31 PM #5 Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:41:01 PM by Ciderhead
35-40 for kegs like HBC
20-25 for carboys

Of course some folks on here would be shouting for pictures about now ;)

Greg2013

Quote from: Ciderhead on July 18, 2015, 01:27:31 PM
35-40 for kegs like HBC
20-25 for carboys

Of course some folks on here would be shouting for pictures about now ;)

And rightly so if this was an actual for sale post :P

If i can sell just the four carboys for 20-25 that will be enough to cover the cost of the peco boiler from HBC and i can keep the rest for when i inevitably will change my mind AGAIN. ???

Greg2013

Quote from: mrmeindl on July 18, 2015, 01:24:17 PM
What have you done to the kegs? How much would you want for them?

Ideally right now atm i am trying to shift the carboys first,if i get 20-25 each for the four of them i won't need to sell anything elses,i want to try a smaller setup for a while. ;D

Leann ull

Quote from: Greg2013 on July 18, 2015, 01:46:30 PM

And rightly so if this was an actual for sale post :P

Sorry I thought they were for sale :P