• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 15, 2024, 03:10:29 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Pipe Bender for Wort Chiller

Started by montofk, June 05, 2013, 08:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montofk

Would anyone around Galway have a 10mm pipe bender I could borrow? Am making a chiller, have made the coil ok but have put on pause before I go kinking when I go to do the 90degree bends.. If anyone has one I could bring the coil to the bender rather than vice versa, it should only be a 5minute job. Cheers! :)

Kevco5

You shouldn't need one, a gentle sweeping curve back up to the top will do the trick!
Give me a text or pm if you want to call in to see my recently refurbished chiller!

A 90 degree upright looks pro though!

Garry

I accidentally ordered 3 no external bending springs from here recently. I only wanted 1! PM me your address and I'll post one up to you  :)

montofk

Cheers Kev, yeah was hoping for the pro look here, nothing but the best will do! :)
Garry - Very kind of you, thank you!... I'll pm you now, I thought a bender would be a pricey thing, especially for a one off requirement.. didn't think of a bending spring. Will PM you now, thanks very much.

Garry

You're welcome, it's no good to me. I'll put it in with today's post  :)

Frequent Sequence

Not to revive an old post but I'm after a spring bender to do the sharp bends in my IC.
It's 10mm pipe. Like montofk I think I'll only need to borrow it for a few minutes.

Cheers lads, Seán

Garry

Quote from: Frequent Sequence on September 19, 2013, 07:29:50 PM
Not to revive an old post but I'm after a spring bender to do the sharp bends in my IC.
It's 10mm pipe. Like montofk I think I'll only need to borrow it for a few minutes.

Cheers lads, Seán

What part of the world are you in?

Frequent Sequence

QuoteWhat part of the world are you in?

I'm in Galway city. I could even wait until the next meetup and bring the coil (which is shaped).
If one of ye brings a spring I'll finish the bends there.

Cheers, Seán

montofk

I'll bring it to the next meet Sean! This benders doing great work up here in Galway Garry! Eanna's done his, now Sean, sadly the completely useless git that I am, I still haven't got round to finishing mine  :-[. Might try remedy that before the meet on the 27th... But probably won't!. If you want it before then Sean its sitting in my car and I work in town every day if you want to pick it up from me? Pm me and we can arrange, otherwise I'll bring it next Friday.

Frequent Sequence

Cheers lads. Garry, I'll tip my hat to you. It'll certainly get some good use.  :)
montofk I'll pm you now.  Thanks again lads!

Cheers, Seán

eanna

Yup, thanks Garry for giving the Galway club a pipe bender! I went very wide with the bends but didn't have any trouble. I'm trying to put up a picture but my phone is failing me..

Frequent Sequence

How ya Eanna? I'd love to see how you got on making your chiller. If you do manage to get the pics up I'll take a look for sure.

Cheers, Seán

Garry

I'm always glad to help a bunch of benders like yourselves   :o :P :P

Frequent Sequence

Quote from: Garry on September 20, 2013, 12:23:53 AM
I'm always glad to help a bunch of benders like yourselves   :o :P :P

:P It's worse than that; There's three of us sharing your rejected bender.  :D

RichC

So theres no shortage of benders in galway lads? Youre all sorted then!!!