• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 08:28:12 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

In the shed at the moment

Started by admin, September 07, 2012, 02:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

September 07, 2012, 02:23:20 PM Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:42:39 PM by admin
Top left: the PC that this website is running on. In front of it is the STC1000 temp controller which is controlling the small fridge.

In the fridge freezer below, which is being used for lagering, is an Irish Pale Lager loaded with cascade and pilgrim and fermenting away with WLP830. Beside it is a plain lager that, made from Irish malt, also fermented with WLP830.

On top of the small fridge is the roasted oats wheat stout that I recently made, fermenting with Notty. The temp in the shed is just perfect for this at the moment.

In the temperature controlled fridge is a simple dunkel, fermenting with WLP830 at 10.5°C.

I'm gone mad on WLP830 at the moment because I'm finding it brings out the maltyness far more than any ale yeast. It all originates from the same jar of WLP830 that Partridge9 gave me about 6 months ago.

JimmyM

Jaysus i dont know where you get the time!!
Formerly JamesM.

Shanna

Where does he get the fridges or the malt to make all the different recipes no mind the time!!!!
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

johnrm

Whats the bottle of Shtuff in the bottom of the Frodge on the right?

Spud395

QuoteWhats the bottle of Shtuff in the bottom of the Frodge on the right?
I reckon thats structural  ;D
Non modo......sed etiam

Jacob

What's the story with that bulb in the fridge?
R u using that as a heating element?

johnrm

QuoteWhats the bottle of Shtuff in the bottom of the Frodge on the right?
I reckon thats structural  ;D
Spud, you're one funny man!

I was wondering about the bulb alright, my bulb is in a biscuit tin with a hole to allow venting.