• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 02:35:39 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

mixed gas

Started by 2401keith, April 27, 2016, 06:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2401keith

Anywhere in the  north east that i can get mixed gas refill cheers

johnrm

One option is BOC, they do rental and refills.

mr hoppy

Do they deal with home brewers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fal

I rang them a few weeks ago and they gave me a very flat no!
...used to be NewBier

johnrm

It might depend on the depot. North county brewers have had some success I believe.

cruiscinlan

Quote from: johnrm on May 16, 2016, 12:09:49 AM
It might depend on the depot. North county brewers have had some success I believe.

Nope.  Your options for mixed gas are a new tank from:

Air Products Ltd http://www.airproducts.ie/, [Rental only]
Irish Oxygen http://www.irishoxygen.com/, [Rental or purchase]
Adams Gas through Fintona Tyre Service, Omagh, Co. Tyrone http://www.adamsgas.co.uk/. [Deposit payable]

The last option would be to ring around event bars and bar/hire companies and try swop out a tank like for like with them.

mr hoppy

Has anyone  actually had any success with Irish Oxygen. I've not tried to get mixed gas  from them but from my limited interaction with them on something else they didn't look like they would be comfortable selling gas to home brewers.

Happy to be corrected.

johnrm

They don't trust homebrewers.
Have you seen the inside of a fabricators workshop?
They trust these guys with Oxygen and Acetylene!

I phoned a retail unit at random - AR Brownlow - They resell Industrial only - Nothing that interests us.
The chap I spoke to said to talk to Irish Oxygen.
I phoned Irish Oxygen (Cork based)
The lady that answered said they blend to order, which they do for Gordon in 9 White Deer.
Also they do rental.
Their sales rep is due to phone me back with more detail.

cruiscinlan

Quote from: mr hoppy on May 17, 2016, 08:52:12 AM
Has anyone  actually had any success with Irish Oxygen. I've not tried to get mixed gas  from them but from my limited interaction with them on something else they didn't look like they would be comfortable selling gas to home brewers.

When I was talking to them before they had no problem selling new tanks to homebrewers, they just didn't want anything to do with re-filling 3rd party mixed gas tanks (which appears to be industry practice).

johnrm

I had a call from Paul the sales rep.
Where they are coming from with the 'other suppliers/found in a ditch cylinders' is that they need to be sue that the cylinder is safe for use.
I did not ask about them testing 3rd party cylinders, but he did mention 10 years between certifications, probably on their ones.

They are happy to sell and refill cylinders.
If you need a refill cylinder you can arrange to have it delivered to a reseller near you or you can come and collect if business hours are not an issue.
They are a lot smaller than BOC and more flexible and amenable.
Re: Munster CO2 - Irish Oxygen own them now.

He seemed happy to discuss and willing to put a pricing scheme together for our needs.
I will follow up with an email.

Unfortunately they are based out of Cork, so don't really service the other capital.

molc

They have a branch in Clonmel as well which is a bit closer for the capital people.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

mr hoppy

Quote from: johnrm on May 17, 2016, 02:06:40 PM
Re: Munster CO2 - Irish Oxygen own them now.

Fair play for looking into it John, but are you sure this bit is right. The lad in MCO2 told me they are owned by AJ Edge now.

Leann ull

AJ said that last time I was in as well

mr hoppy

The other thing I thought I remembered from Irish Oxygen was that they had a sign up that seemed to suggest they wouldn't want people transporting gas in a car.

Would be interested if they were up for dealing with home brewers.

sub82

NIFEX (yell.com) on the Colinglen Road Belfast do mixed gas. Is that too far North East?!