• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:59:53 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Fermentation chamber ideas

Started by 2401keith, May 31, 2016, 11:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2401keith

Looking to build a fermentation chamber don't fancy buying a second hand fridge as iv been down that road before!! Wat have u guys got brewing beginner

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

nigel_c

2401keith

Don't really have one!

2401keith

About 150 euro

Jonnycheech

I know you said that you don't want one but I think a fridge is your best option really. Stick a tube heater in it with a fan and connect up an STC and you can control heating and cooling. If you build a box you'll only have the ability to heat.

Why don't you want a fridge?
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

2401keith

I'll probably start to keg my brew so I take it I'll need 2?

Leann ull

I have a cold insulated shed and use a simple kingspan insulation chamber which has an stc a fan and a tube heater 12 months of the year for making ales

2401keith

My shed gets pretty hot on the days were having lately I was using a small lader fridge I got of adverts it was fecked it was running all the time so I just plugged it out and kept a eye on temp stayed about 18 19 c just opened the door when it got a bit wormer inside the ouside temp was a lot lower then now am I mad to buy a new fridge for fermenting I think adverts is a bit of a risk!?

Leann ull

Plenty of second hand resellers of fridges

2401keith

I know I got one worked for a week and died I sapose that's the chance ya take on buying second hand