• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 08:12:54 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HomeBrewWest

April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:56:01 PM by HomeBrewWest

IE  Retail    - http://www.homebrewwest.ie/
UK Retail    - http://www.brewsmarter.co.uk/
Wholesale - http://www.homebrewwholesalers.com/
Amazon     - BrewSmarter

HomeBrewWest.
Unit J,
Oldenway Business Park,
Old Monivea Road,
Galway,
Ireland

Shop Opening Hours
Monday to Friday - 11:00 - 17:00
Saturday - 13:00 to 17:00

Email -  sales@homebrewwest.com
Call   - 00353 85 889 5488
Text  - 00353 85 889 5488
POC  - HomeBrewWest

- 5% discount for NHC members

Ireland's largest homebrew supplier, with over 3000 homebrew products. Official wholesale agents for Speidel, Coopers, Hambleton Bard, The Craft Range, Senson, Mangrove Jack's, Finlandia, Brouwland, Brupaks, iMake, Gozdawa, Kilner, Rayware and more. Widest range, freshest products, best value, service. Free shipping on all orders over €150.

Contact us if you want to set up a homebrew shop or a microbrewery. We are Ireland's only official Speidel microbrewery agents (north and south); this means faster delivery, full Speidel support, best pricing and the most up to date products.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

armedcor

Seems the link for your new grain section and premade kits are missing from this page http://www.homebrewwest.ie/grain-hops-oils-pre-made-kits-30-c.asp.

HomeBrewWest

Thanks for that. I need to train the lads top pack these new kits; they need to be able to compensate for hop alphas which change with nearly every hop delivery! Give me a couple of days.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

HomeBrewWest

Just back from a restaurant chain in Cork, where we supplied a Speidel micro last year. Very interesting. A lot of paperwork and delays from revenue, eho, Irish water etc. Its actually very complicated, and it has taken up to 9 months for some to get it sorted out. 

Since we are the only authorized Speidel agents on the island of Ireland, we have to provide Speidel support on the ground here, hence the visit to Cork and to other Speidel micros here and in Germany. We are now offering micro setup assistance and advice for potential Speidel customers.

We are now working in conjunction with Speidel and a publican who has a Speidel installation in county Galway: we intend to run a one day Speidel approved hands-on course in conjunction with this pub sometime in June. The pub is running it, and we are supporting them. Speidel will be presenting there too.

The course will cost about 100 to 150 Euros, although I may be able to get a discount for NHC members. In addition to a Speidel demo, advice from Speidel micro users, and Speidel beer samples and the associated recipes etc. it will cover paperwork aspects of setting up a micro.

The idea is that if you are setting up a micro, then attending this course will save you months of elapsed time and potentially hundreds of hours of your own time. Essentially. If you know what you have to do from the beginning, and who top contact etc, then the whole process becomes so much easier and faster.

Would anybody here be interested?

HomeBrewWest

Getting enquiries about the Speidel course content. Not sure of exact details yet. But it will include:
- Speidel brewing demo,
- beer sampling,
- presentation by HBW on recipe development,
- presentation by Speidel,
- presentation by HBW on licenses, paperwork etc,
- presentation by pub owner on his experience re licenses, paperwork etc,
- presentation by HBW on ingredient and chemical sourcing etc.

HomeBrewWest

The new Craft Range Automatic Syphons have finally arrived:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/syphons-tubing-filters-beer-and-wine-strainers-22-c.asp

These are what you would expect from the Craft Range:
- top quality,
- no kinks in the tubing, and
- great price.

Price is low until the other stores stock them (about a week or two at most).

We might bundle there with selected top quality products, maybe Craft range ciders? We could take a hit just to get these products out there because we know that, if you try them, you won't use any other brand again.

Suggestions welcome.

irish_goat

Are these any different from the Youngs auto-syphons?

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: irish_goat on April 23, 2015, 10:33:38 AM
Similar, but better quality in our opinion. The tubing with the Youngs ones is usually kinked and this hinders flow. The Craft range ones have an elbow and the tube is not kinked. 

irish_goat

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on April 23, 2015, 10:55:07 AM
Quote from: irish_goat on April 23, 2015, 10:33:38 AM
Similar, but better quality in our opinion. The tubing with the Youngs ones is usually kinked and this hinders flow. The Craft range ones have an elbow and the tube is not kinked.

That's actually my main gripe with the Youngs one. Have tried using hot water to even it out but it's not perfect yet. Might treat myself in my next order from you'se as auto-syphons are class, easily one the handiest bits of brewing kit I've bought.

oconn

so for a regular fermenter i need 45cm syphon cwith optional clip and throttle clamp

HomeBrewWest

Yup. I'd go for the 56 cm one though in case you ever get a carboy.

revel_and_chaff

Hi,

Will you be getting in the 2000ml Erlenmeyer flasks any time soon?

Thanks,

Ian
So revel and chaff as ye thirstily quaff, under six feet of dirt it's less easy to laugh!

armedcor

On the Erlenmeyer related front...any chance of getting 3000ml or 5000ml for any kind of a reasonable price?

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: revel_and_chaff on April 28, 2015, 05:37:10 PM
Hi,

Will you be getting in the 2000ml Erlenmeyer flasks any time soon?

Thanks,

Ian
We will be ordering them this weekend. Will get a few of the larger ones too.

HomeBrewWest

May 01, 2015, 03:05:34 AM #14 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:42:09 AM by Garry
http://www.beoir.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10946

The course is nearly sold out, we're reserving seats but we've only got a few left.

This is the only one where Speidel will be there this year.