• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 01:36:53 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

White Labs Customer Club

Started by irish_goat, June 12, 2014, 02:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

Just noticed this. http://www.whitelabs.com/customerclub

Could maybe be an idea for the club? Collect up vials, post them off and raffle whatever we get back. I know I have about 5 or 6 lying in a bag somewhere anyway. The books or the free vials would probably be what I'd be after.

To make it fair, 1 vial = 1 raffle ticket. We could run it maybe once or twice a year just to make collecting logistics easier.

LordEoin

I generally re-use the vials and try to fill them with the same yeast that it originally contained, but it's a good idea alright :)

LordEoin

Quote5,000 vials:  Chris White will come to your house, bring the yeast, and brew with you.
lol

irish_goat

I would have normally reused them but Shiny's vial GB has sorted me out in that respect. I'll email Whitelabs and see the craic anyway.

mr hoppy

Quote from: LordEoin on June 12, 2014, 04:11:17 PM
Quote5,000 vials:  Chris White will come to your house, bring the yeast, and brew with you.
lol

Sounds like a challenge.

CARA

Upa Sesh

irish_goat

Only just got word back as the lady was on holiday. She says we're grand to send them over.

If people are interested maybe we can make the RDS festival the first collection day sure.

Will_D

Quote from: irish_goat on July 23, 2014, 04:26:55 PM
Only just got word back as the lady was on holiday. She says we're grand to send them over.

If people are interested maybe we can make the RDS festival the first collection day sure.
Sounds good!

A sugestion: PM the local HB shops and ask "How many vials do you buy per annum from White labs?".

This would give us a timescsale as to when to welcome Chris White when he pops over to do a brew with us.

If we could recover say 50% or more (I assume most people who buy WLP's are mebers) then we would get a good idea.
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

irish_goat

This idea kind of died but how about we try and revive it? We could have a collection at BrewCon if it suited people.

molc

It's changed to labels from vials since the purepitch packaging was introduced, which might make it easier to get people interested as well.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

irish_goat

Yep, it actually allows you to just send the vial label in too, so you can keep the actual plastic bit yourself (and save on postage).

Get 1000 and we'll have an NHC trip to San Diego to brew.  >:D

CARA

Still bringing these to brewcon? I have about 60 or so
Upa Sesh

Leann ull

I have about the same just not sure Brewcon is the place? IG?