• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:55:30 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Shannon Cruise

Started by St. Fursey, April 17, 2016, 02:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Fursey

Hey guys
I've organised a cruiser for the shannon for my mates stag. Stopping in Banagher, Terryglass and Shannonbridge. Any recommendations?

Oh Crap

Quote from: St. Fursey on April 17, 2016, 02:51:48 PM
Hey guys
I've organised a cruiser for the shannon for my mates stag. Stopping in Banagher, Terryglass and Shannonbridge. Any recommendations?
Banagher is bo bristle country
Beer
1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is enough & 4 isn't half enough

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

DEMPSEY

Apparently there is no law against drink/driving on the river so I told :o
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Leann ull

You can drink but person in charge can't be paralytic, I had a German pal fall foul of this, where he damaged another boat was stocious and insurance refused to pay out.

The consumption of alcohol or drugs on board is also restricted by the regulations. Persons operating all pleasure craft must not consume alcohol or drugs and any person on board any mechanically propelled pleasure craft may only consume alcohol or drugs in a manner that does not affect safety or cause a disturbance to the person in control of the craft.

St. Fursey

Ah here CH! You mustn't  have any faith in me at all! Mind you, i was planning of stowing a keg of Wild Bat on board...

Leann ull

certain mental images did come to mind alright :P

rje66

Skip Terry glass and go north to athlone, Sean's bar will be 10m from your boat.
Banagher try houghs, check spelling, it's half way up town on left
Shannon bridge there is only 2, if you get thrown out one, then there is the other one, but its best for a day time stop off.

Had some English friends on the river in portumna one June night, they politely enquired in the local pub "when do you stop serving" to barman, he replied" ahhhh around September"....
One of their fondest memories of the shannon
Wife says to me one day... "so do you love beer more than me?....
Naturally, I replied,...... making it or drinking it??😱😱
www.gardenconcepts.ie

auralabuse

Shannon bridge, kileens is a fantastic pub, not so for craft beer but it's everything an Irish pub should be

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

St. Fursey

Thanks for the tips guys.
I brought some beer with me so i wasnt too worried abiut the availability of microbrewed.

We ended up sticking to plan - visited Paddy's  and the Derg Inn in Terryglass and Lukers in Shannonbridge. I'd  definitely recommend a Shannon cruise as an option for a stag weekend!

Frequent Sequence

Neat little set-up there Enda.

Padraich

St. Fursey

Wild Bat - Garage Days APA. Should be hitting the shelves in bottle format from next week.
There are some perks to running a brewery!

DEMPSEY

like making shit load of money to be able to buy a boat and since the brewery just runs itself you have  all the spare time to go cruising the Shannon  :D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Leann ull

That's for making deliveries