• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 08:31:42 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Bench cappers

Started by cruiscinlan, August 24, 2016, 06:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cruiscinlan

August 24, 2016, 06:40:45 PM Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:58:45 PM by cruiscinlan
Just wondering if there would be people on this interested in a more professional type bench capper such as this: http://www.grifomarchetti.com/en/product/corker_for_crown_cap_supergrifo_tcsg

Variants of the model are about €67 in Italy, €89-€149.99 depending on the exact variant in HB shops here.

Leann ull

There are cheapo and more expensive cappers available from most of the HB shops, I don't cap much but I bought an expensive one as I give it dogs abuse.
What do you think the arm at the bottom is for?

kev

It's a guide arm to help position the bottle... handy when you have a lot to get through

BrewDorg

Like the look of these. Guide arm is a great addition. I'd be interested at the right price.

ac13

I'd also be interested, price dependant

DEMPSEY

Make sure the capper can take 29mm caps as well as the standard 26mm. Always plan ahead :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

cruiscinlan

Quote from: DEMPSEY on August 26, 2016, 10:40:43 AM
Make sure the capper can take 29mm caps as well as the standard 26mm. Always plan ahead :)

These machines all come with the converter for 29mm caps as standard. You'd have to order 31mm one separately however.

I haven't got much in the way of an answer regarding a reduction on the unit price, moreso on the shipping. As these are all in the 7-8kg range the shipping would be not inconsiderable.

Those of you interested could you let me know which model and what you're willing to pay to be part of a group buy?

cruiscinlan

I've found the capped on polsinelli for about €65 but I'm having trouble getting through to them. Does any have contact details for them from the previous group buys?

Will_D

I also sent them a query. Maybe its holiday time?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Jonnycheech

True, Italians generally take the month of August off. Sure ya can't be working in August!
Tapped: FES, NEIPA, CocoIMS, Flanders 2018, Passion Fruit/Peach BW
Fermentors: Raspberry Wheat, Session IPA
Bottled: Cherry Lambic 2019

cruiscinlan

They've gotten back to me, so a) no discount, b) no cheaper postage option so probably what we'll save on is delivery plus getting other bits and pieces like 29mm caps etc.

So take a look at the site and see what ye'd be interested in.

BrewDorg

Going to declare myself out at this point in that case. Good luck with it.