• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:00:12 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

First Kerry meet

Started by davebhoy1975, September 04, 2016, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davebhoy1975

Right lads who's up for the first Kerry meet?

Where every one brings a bottle or two of their own brews and we can all have a taste and discuss ingredients and brewing methods!

BigDanny84

I will be up for a meet for sure. I haven't any brews at the moment but I plan to brew next week. I'll say it to a mate of mine who brews too but isn't very active on here.

Any idea of a location for the meet?

GrimJackien

Hi
I would be willing to meet up as well. The only beer I have at the moment is a Porter. It is pretty light with a couple of flaws, but still pretty drinkable, as it was my first all grain brew. I have an IPA in the fermenter, which I will bottle probably this weekend, so it should be ready in a couple of weeks.
As regards the meet-up, somewhere in Tralee would suit me best

davebhoy1975

Tralee or Killarney. Makes no real difference to me. I'm out in Firies so half way between them.
Is there any pubs in Tralee with craft beers? on tap or even bottled?
They would be more interested in allowing a homebrew meet I think.

GrimJackien

Hi
Roundy's would probably be the best. Most other bars only really stock Guinness and Heineken products on tap and maybe a bottle or two of craft beer.

davebhoy1975

ok GrimJackien it looks like it's me you, BigDanny and maybe Danny's mate for the first Kerry meet.

When would suit you lads best?

Gugs44

Alright lads,

I'm BigDannys mate, he had told me about the talks of setting up a club in Kerry, great idea and i am well up for a meet and see where we go from there. At the moment i have a Black IPA and Coffee Stout which should be bottled this week hopefully so i would probably have those with me in a fortnights time.

Roundys in Tralee or I suppose Courtneys in Killarney??

BigDanny84

I hope to brew this weekend, so I won't have anything to try for about 4 wks. But I have no bother meeting before then if that's what everyone else wants.

GrimJackien

Hi
Sorry for the slow reply, but I was offline for a few days.
I have a Porter ready atm, and have bottled an IPA over the weekend, so I don't mind when the meet up is, as I will have a second beer ready to drink (hopefully) in a fortnight.I will be away for a few nights on the 25th though.
We should start trying to finalise a date though (to figure out a day of the week that suits everybody), so to start the ball rolling I put forward Thursday 29 Sept.

BigDanny84

29th should be fine with me. I won't have a brew ready but I'd be interested in trying other people's.

davebhoy1975

I have a fat yak clone that's been bottles for a few weeks now and another fat yak clone that I'll bottle before the weekends finished. Thursday the 29th is good for me too. Does any one have connections at the roundy ? Just to make sure they're OK with it.

Daveyg23

I am up for a meet, 29th works for me.  I have an all grain raspberry wheat beer thats ready.

nigel_c

BigDanny84

@davebhoy I don't know anyone in roundys, I have never actually been in there. Does anybody else know anyone in there?

davebhoy1975

sorry lads I just realised that I'm working up the country on the 29th. Can we make it the week after ?