• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 07:35:57 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Magnum 3l Swingtop bottles any Interest ?

Started by wallacebiy, November 03, 2016, 03:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacebiy

Returning from a trip this week I spotted a three litre swingtop magnum of beer in a petrol station in Germany

Anyway I thought "I'd love one of those , it'd be great to put beer in "

Would anyone else be interested ?
I reckon I could find a place that sells the bottles , but you'd need a pallet of them to be worth while

That beer was 27 euro in the petrol station , so the bottle can't be that pricey on it's own

Let me know and if there's enough interest I'll put out the feelers and see can I get a pallet in !

Leann ull

nigel_c

3 L is a great size to bring along to club meet ups  :)

ianm

I'd take a couple if they were knocking around.  Then I could tell the missus I only had the one...

wallacebiy

That's the first link I came up with CH .. .No price on the pallet , but 205 bottles ..

I was going to maybe make discrete inquiries with a business that already secures swingtops from abroad , and see if they could arrange the delivery to Ireland .

I'd easily take three or four , handy way to bottle a batch like ....

Ciaran

If they do mixed pallets.....I'd be interested in a price for 50 x 330ml swing top steine's (Ref.: # 0051)

Greg2013

Three litres is a wee bit too much for my needs,however i have been searching for 1lt bottles for a while now,getting back into bottling and filling 40 something bottles is a right pita. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

irish_goat

How would you'se plan on chilling these things? There's not a hope it'd fit in my fridge without taking shelves out.

I'd imagine they would be hard to pour without bringing up a lot of yeast as well. Obviously not a problem if you're bottling from a keg.

Pat_buttercups

id have interest here also :) how much depends on the price though XD

Frequent Sequence

I have a 2 liter Altenmunster swingtop that I got in Deutschland. It's lovely looking and it's a bit bigger than the demijhon style growlers.
It cost me 7 euro full of beer.  Which I thought was a deadly deal.

cruiscinlan

Quote from: irish_goat on November 04, 2016, 12:33:59 PM
How would you'se plan on chilling these things? There's not a hope it'd fit in my fridge without taking shelves out.

Leave it out the back door.

mr hoppy

Quote from: irish_goat on November 04, 2016, 12:33:59 PM

Wot, do you not already have a few fridges with the shelves taken out?

Qs

I'd be interested in these.  Or flip top growlers. 3L would be great. Perfect size really. I was looking at stainless steel 3.6L growlers on aliexpress but they were €50ish.

Dracusse

In a week or two im getting case of beer from continent in 07 flip top bottles as soon as i get them i will post price for it as well. if any one would be interested i can make a bigger order for next time .

No idea what beer is it mainly ordered for bottles. ;)