• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:24 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

London Ale III Wyeast Smack Packs

Started by Leann ull, January 31, 2017, 02:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrewDorg

So I kegged my WY1318 NE IPA last week. Not sure if it is a recipe or process issue but I didn't end up with the beer I imagined in my head. Slightly grassy bite to the hops, and the aroma isn't punching like it should with the amount and varieties of hops I used. The beer is pale yellow and definitely hazy, not murky and juice-like as I was expecting. I'll be doing another one before long to try get it right..

Simon_

Quote from: BrewDorg on February 20, 2017, 12:25:24 PMbeer is pale yellow and definitely hazy, not murky and juice-like

Does a NE IPA really need to be murky? I've pictures of alot beers in the states calling themselves NE IPAs where you can see fingers at the back of the glass.

DEMPSEY

Not really I'd assume but if you can have stuff still in suspension then it will add to taste. So feck the Irish moss :D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

BrewDorg

I honestly don't know if they have to be murky as opposed to just hazy. Mine looks more this one whereas I was going for something like this one. I'm talking in terms of opacity here, not colour..

molc

Both are in the range for the style - the big things seem to be mouthfeel and juicy juicy fruit flavours from your hops. I also find them a little green tasting - you def. get a bit of raw hop in the flavour profile.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

BrewDorg

Nailed the green tasting part anyway! Now to work on the juiciness. Maybe another few days in the keg will improve it. Starting to have doubts about the freshness of the hops I used.

Pheeel

Been drinking lots of juicy pints while in the States. Bit sick of them. It's like drinking Um Bungo
Issues with your membership? PM me!

Leann ull

Ha ha ya lucky Fecker what a complaint

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us