• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 02:46:45 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Rebel Brewers BBQ

Started by tommy, August 01, 2017, 11:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy

With the good weather nearly behind us its time for a BBQ  8) . My own house is on offer in Frankfield and the only thing left to do is to decide which date to have it, the GIBF is on the weekend of the 25th which rules that weekend out.

If we can all try brew a sessionable beer too in advance for the meet and we'll have plenty to swap and drink on the night.
Getting into brewing to save money on beer is like buying a boat to save money on fish......

mr hoppy

Cheers Tommy. I've a few lagers in the pipeline. Hopefully at least one'll be drinkable by then.

tommy

Thanks guys, we will go with Friday the 1st of September for the BBQ. There will be a 4 ring gas burner there which should be enough. If everyone wants to try make a sessionable <5% beer for the day that would make it an interesting tasting session too. I will start a list with the beer I am bringing and if anyone wants to add a food to the list too to throw on the BBQ that would be great. Address and time will be posted later. Cheers.

1. Tom - Beer: Lager + American wit. Food: Burgers/chicken/sausages
Getting into brewing to save money on beer is like buying a boat to save money on fish......

dcalnan

2. Dcalnan: no beer brewed, but I'll bring ribs

johnrm

3. Johnrm - Dodgy Lager of it cleans up. Salsa and chips

Lads, we need more names up here!

mr hoppy

4. mr hoppy - german lager of yet to be determined style + brooklyn lagerish lager / food - yes, don't know what

johnrm

Wakey wakey lads!
Getting your name down if you are unable to attend will also be useful too!

Dr Horrible

4. mr hoppy - german lager of yet to be determined style + brooklyn lagerish lager / food - yes, don't know what
5. Dr Horrible - Pale Ale and maybe a Saison if I get it bottled in time.  Food - not sure but will bring something.

SkiBeagle

5. Dr Horrible - Pale Ale and maybe a Saison if I get it bottled in time.  Food - not sure but will bring something.
6. Skibeagle - No beer at the moment. I can bring some nice freshly baked bread from the flour group buy.

Dr Horrible

Just to clarify - when someone says they're bringing beer, are we talking kegs or bottles here?  I'm assuming bottles and now I think about it I'll probably bring a selection.

tommy

Quote from: Dr Horrible on August 24, 2017, 11:04:06 PM
Just to clarify - when someone says they're bringing beer, are we talking kegs or bottles here?  I'm assuming bottles and now I think about it I'll probably bring a selection.

I'm bringing bottles myself and will have some buckets with ice and some space in the fridge for anyone who brings them.

johnrm

I can bring gas and taps.
Need to check my Lager.

jus223

6. Skibeagle - No beer at the moment. I can bring some nice freshly baked bread from the flour group buy.
7. Jus223 - No beer, can bring cake or something.

mr hoppy

Updated for food

4. mr hoppy - german lager of yet to be determined style + brooklyn lagerish lager / food - pulled pork and some sort of slide (chipotle coleslaw probably)
7. Jus223 - No beer, can bring cake or something.

tommy

I've posted the address on the whatsapp group, anyone not in the whatsapp group just send me a pm and ill send you out the address.