• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 07:55:19 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Dupont Dry Yeast

Started by garciaBernal, June 16, 2017, 09:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garciaBernal

http://www.fermentis.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/SafAle-BE-134_EN.pdf

Spotted at the American Home Brew Con. Seems Fermentis are releasing a dry version of the Dupont strain in about 3 weeks. Happy days!
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

darren996

Simon_

FERMENTATION: ideally 18-28°C (64.4-82.4°F)
Nice

phynes1

PH

imark

Excellent! How did you find out it's from Du Pont?

phynes1

Anyone manage to get their hands on this yet? I'm anxious to give it a run.

PH

darren996

Not yet,  Shane from thehbc said he will get it in on the next order in a couple months

darren996

Tried this yeast recently, ferments fast, was down to 1.004 within a week.
Definite Belgian flavour and aroma, more pronounced than Belle .  No citrus or peppery notes but this is the first time I used it and I did a dark saison for winter. Doesn't flock out very well on its own. Fermented at 19 and let rise to 22, would have liked it higher but shed was too cold.

Have another pack will split a batch and compare belle and 134.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Would love to do a side by side with the MJ French Saison too

garciaBernal

"Over-carbonation. Exploding bottles. Lawsuits. Super-attenuation caused by diastaticus contamination is a hot topic in the brewing industry." Any word on diastaticus in this particular saison yeast strain? Here's a podcast for further information on the topic. French saisons and Belle Saison are noted for this contaminant. http://masterbrewerspodcast.com/068-diastaticus-part-1
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

Simon_

Quote from: darren996 on January 18, 2018, 04:48:00 PM
Doesn't flock out very well on its own.
I found it mostly the same except I ended up with a brilliantly clear beer without any finings. Dropped from 1.040 to 1.006 without any sugar addition. Really liked the beer it produced.
Have just kegged another, this time with 10% sugar addition and it dropped from 1.044 to 1.003

darren996

Quote from: Simon_ on January 19, 2018, 11:36:12 AM
Quote from: darren996 on January 18, 2018, 04:48:00 PM
Doesn't flock out very well on its own.
I found it mostly the same except I ended up with a brilliantly clear beer without any finings. Dropped from 1.040 to 1.006 without any sugar addition. Really liked the beer it produced.
Have just kegged another, this time with 10% sugar addition and it dropped from 1.044 to 1.003
Yeah had no sugar addition in mine either

Had some wheat in mine might account for it being a bit cloudy. I think it is going to be a great yeast for saison, just need to get more brews done with it.

What did u ferment at ?

Simon_

Mine had 42% wheat :) . Sitting in the shed throughout December probably had alot to do with it.
Think I went up to 25°

Blueshed

Where did you get this yeast from lads.can't see it on any of the HB sites.

darren996

Quote from: Blueshed on January 22, 2018, 03:50:03 PM
Where did you get this yeast from lads.can't see it on any of the HB sites.
I got it with an order from brewuk.  The hbc said they would get it in on their next order, that should be soon enough