• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:11 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Club Cup 2019

Started by Kellie, January 06, 2019, 06:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellie

Hi all,

This years Club Cup will be held as a stand alone event.

Date Saturday 22nd June

Venue Rascals HQ, Inchicore, Dublin

Style Fruit Beer (I asked Emma - Rascals to pick the style) One representative entry per club. One keg for the day which judges will have beer served to them straight form the keg.

Prize The Club Cup to hold for a year and the winning club will get to brew their beer with Rascals on their pilot kit, this will be with view to it being available at this years Brewcon.

More details of the day to follow, but for now can clubs indicate their interest to partake in Club Cup.

Happy Brewing! Have fun.

Cheers
Kellie

Daves Beer/Ale

I would like to enter this competition but South Eastern Homebrewers seem inactive. Can I still enter. It would be great to get feedback and advise

Sent from my 5056X using Tapatalk

Kellie

Quote from: Daves Beer/Ale on January 06, 2019, 06:50:23 PM
I would like to enter this competition but South Eastern Homebrewers seem inactive. Can I still enter. It would be great to get feedback and advise

Hi Dave,

Could you try and rally them, the Club Cup is about local clubs coming together to brew, its not for individuals to enter we have the Nationals for that which is on 23rd March.

Plus clubs will be asked to produce a keg of beer for the event of which the judges will have beer fresh from, then the attendees will get to sample each other entries.

Hope this makes sense!
Kellie

helmet

We'll have something ready from Wee County. Should be a good day out!

CH

It's time those lads in Capital stopped fixing the result so I'm sure Garden County will enter and show them what proper beer should taste like.

DiarmuidM

Hi there, just wondering is there a link to the regulations for this club cup competition online or do we follow BJCP 2015 Category 29. If so can we subcategorise as Fruit Beer (29a) or Fruit & Spice (29b) or Speciality Beer (29c)?

Also, how does a club apply or submit an entry?

Regards
Diarmuid

Kellie

Quote from: dm99 on February 20, 2019, 04:25:46 PM
Hi there, just wondering is there a link to the regulations for this club cup competition online or do we follow BJCP 2015 Category 29. If so can we subcategorise as Fruit Beer (29a) or Fruit & Spice (29b) or Speciality Beer (29c)?

Also, how does a club apply or submit an entry?

Regards
Diarmuid

Hi Diarmuid,

There is no link to regulations, we are keeping this one simple. Yes please follow BJCP 2015 Category 29, of which you can use the sub categories.

Clubs to let me know of intent to enter. I will look for details of the beer etc.

Cheers
Kellie

DiarmuidM

Thanks for the speedy reply. All good and were looking forward to getting an entry in.
Diarmuid

raymurph

Hi,

Lee Valley Brewing Club will be submitting an entry, should be a great days tasting many beers!

Ray

Donny

The very large South Central Brewing Club will also be submitting a beer. Looking forward to seeing what sort of fruit beers will come of it.

Kellie

Hi all, we are a month away from Club Cup 22nd Saturday.
Can any club pm me details of their entry. I need to confirm this now. So far 2 clubs have confirmed what they are submitting.
Thanks Kellie

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

TheSumOfAllBeers

Quote from: Daves Beer/Ale on January 06, 2019, 06:50:23 PM

Hi Dave, I am trying to get South Eastern off the coroners table. If you have an idea for this let me know. My FV is tied up with a lager, so won't have time to make a club brewed beer for this, unless things get very flukey

DEMPSEY

Toss in a tin of strawberry's and you oxo :P
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Donny

How will this work on the day? Will we need to bring gear serve our beers or just the kegs?

Kellie

Hi Donny,

You just need to bring the keg that's all.

Kellie

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk