• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 02:11:36 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello

Started by guest2162, October 02, 2019, 07:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2162

Hi,

My name is Matt. I have been brewing for about 6 years now, and have been lurking around on here for the last year or so but never introduced myself.

I am based in Westport in Mayo, and was wondering if there are many brewers in Mayo on here who may be interested in meeting up to see about setting up a club here.

Talk soon,
Matt

mick02

Quote from: AnGhrúdlannBeag on October 02, 2019, 07:27:27 PM
Hi,

My name is Matt O'Driscoll. I have been brewing for about 6 years now, and have been lurking around on here for the last year or so but never introduced myself.

I am based in Westport in Mayo, and was wondering if there are many brewers in Mayo on here who may be interested in meeting up to see about setting up a club here.

Talk soon,
Matt
Hey Matt, welcome to the NHC. Things are a little quieter than they used to be, saying that if you've any brewing related questions most of the folks on here are happy to help. I'm based in Kildare myself so I'm no good to you on the meet up front. I know that there's a few from Galway on here but not sure what the Mayo contingent is like. Like I said, if you have any questions just ask.

Happy fermentations!

Mick
NHC Committee member

guest2162

Thanks Mick, this forum has already been a great resource to me... lots of valuable knowledge on here!

Bossgigidy

Hi Matt, I'm Ollie. I'm down in Shrule. Like yourself I have been on here about a year. I haven't taken part in any of the Galway meet ups either. Did you get any other interest? I wouldn't mind even swapping a few beers to get feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest2162

Hey Ollie,

I'd definitely be on for that! I haven't heard from anyone else yet but I've been meaning to search the forum for anybody who has said they're from Mayo and send them a DM to see if they're still brewing and whether they are interested in meeting up.

I've just put a bo pils and a Vienna lager into fermenters, so they should ready for tasting towards the end of November, we could meet up around then? I should have a few pale ales knocking around in bottles too.

Balinrobe is probably a fair place to meet in the middle to just swap some bottles... I don't know any of the pubs there so I don't know whether there'd be somewhere willing to let us meet up and drink our own beers?

Shrule is on the CIE Westport-Galway route though if we timed it right that could work? either I could go to Shrule, or you could come here? I'd say one or two of the pubs here would be alright with us as long as we buy a few from them too. We can see if there'll be anyone else interested first before we pick a place.

Talk soon,
Matt

guest2162

So this is the list of members I have found with stated links to the yew county! It's probably not exhaustive, but it's a start! I've sent a DM to each account so we will see what happens

boabiegringo
mrwhiteno50
braich
westport13
kölsch
duffstuff
jdh
jamesbil
grayjon
jceg316
richie71
fal
covey
bossgigidy
anghrúdlannbeag

Bossgigidy

Fair play Matt, let me know how you get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest2162

There is now a Mayo Brewers section on the forum, so we can continue exploring the possibilities for a Mayo Club there.